Chapter 139

Ainz pensively moved around Chaldea, deep in thought. His mind not only preoccupied with the thoughts about the Singularities, but now also of an imaginary vista of a familiar city.

The question that had incapacitated his mind, something that had paralyzed him with inaction and doubt was just answered, and yet still, his mind is fully occupied. It was an existential doubt over what he should do after the end of his long - from a subjective point of view - journey. And yet, it had found an equally unexpected answer, from the mouth of someone like Nikola Tesla at that! His question being answered by a historical figure that his friends had even talked about. Okay only in passing... But, they did mention him!

Hah, if only his guild mates could know that Ainz had met Nikola Tesla. And not only meeting him offhand or through an accidental meeting, but had also received advice and had shared his dreams to go and see the world... Ainz could imagine their shocked faces.

Immersed in his own thoughts about the future, Ainz was not paying attention to where he was going. Not that he has any real idea where he needed to go to meet them, but his initial idea was to meet Da Vinci or perhaps Olga to inquire about Tesla's laboratory. However, distracted with his thoughts, Ainz himself did not notice that he was automatically heading to his room.

Though to be fair, the chance that he would actually meet either Olga or Da Vinci by going to his room was actually quite high.

Still, Ainz did not immediately discover the error in his travel route until he was pretty much in front of his room's door. And so with a loud sigh at his mistake, Ainz wondered if teleporting to Olga's room would be viable or not. Of course, even if he indeed could teleport inside Chaldea, his unexpected appearance in Olga's office unannounced, could be perceived as an invasion of personal space... No, definitely, it would definitely be considered that way...

And so, standing in the middle of the corridor, Ainz was deliberating whether he should risk getting lost or risk getting scolded. As he was frozen in indecision, Ainz was surprised when he heard a sudden scream coming out of one of the many supposedly empty rooms dotted around Chaldea's many corridors.

"WOOOOAH!" It would be easy for Ainz to identify the owner of this voice. Even if he did not have any ability to instinctively sense the presence of undead, few of Ainz's Servants had a voice as high and childlike as Jack's.

"...and after that they lived happily ever after!" It was a little more difficult to determine the identity of the second voice, though the fact that he had heard it not too long ago made it possible. If the dialogue's content was anything else, Ainz would have doubted the identity of the speaker. It was very unique to say the least. "And then all the people were cooked and eaten as a celebration on their wedding!"

"HOORAY!" In response to the very bleak ending that is very, very incongruous to the children's story tone of delivery, Jack reacted exactly as small children were supposed to react to fairy tales... Perhaps it is to be expected that Jack the Ripper to not be bothered by gore and viscera but cannibalism?

Ainz, having heard the end of Angrboda's tale, could only think whether or not there are actual cannibals in Chaldea. After a short while, Ainz concluded that he did not keep any cannibals in Chaldea... If Cainabel could not be called a cannibal, she only drinks blood after all... Can that be considered cannibalism? After all, if there were a monster that eats only the hands of people, then it would also be considered a cannibal. So what is the fundamental difference between hands and blood?

Ainz specially noted in his mind that as long as it didn't affect Chaldea, Ainz didn't really care about it.

So, it doesn't matter.