Chapter 130

As Jack explained the ongoing development of the current Singularity, Ainz was by no means relaxed, but he was calm.

He had a plan, he had kept the situation under control, he moved towards his goal and roughly understood what he should expect from his opponents... and from his allies as well.

Some things, however, still confused Ainz anyway.

The completely unexpected discovery of the existence of a full-fledged network of tunnels and underground caves under London could still be called relatively normal. At least it is not more 'abnormal' than everything that Ainz had encountered in the Singularities before. Whether it was god-emperors or the living god-ship Poseidon, the existence of underground tunnels doesn't really top that. The existence of Angrboda however, confused Ainz.

Angrboda was another familiar name for Ainz. It being the name of a very interesting Boss in YGGDRASIL whom he had met in the past. Oh, and he didn't kill it, by the way. Angrboda belonged to the heteromorphs faction.

He was a fairly strong boss, at least according to the other faction's forum posts, but for many heteromorphic players, including Ainz, she was also one of the rare friendly NPC. A teacher of some classes, she gave out a decent number of quests and, in general, Ainz remembered her very positively. She was one of the rare allies that he had during the game.

And of course, Ainz had long ago abandoned his restless nature and did not imagine Angrboda as a living and existing boss that he would need to fight. Especially considering that in this case it was not actually a living creature. It is the name of the contraption that is creating the deadly fog in London.

The Grail of this Singularity was captured by the Demon Kings from the start and was used to create the fog currently choking London. This, according to Da Vinci, and Ainz is long used to believe her words, also explained the emergence of the Servants from the Mist in London. As well as many other things that happen in the Singularity.

Also, Bab... Dab... Caster, okay, Caster, whom Ainz had killed a little earlier, the lord of the golems had, with the help of Tesla, built a great steam engine. The machine then used the Grail as its core, its great bellowing covered London with smog.

Or at least that's how Jack explained to Ainz what the enemy had done a little earlier. Unfortunately, Ainz had no other sources of information to check its veracity. It's a pity that he had to kill Caster so simply and artlessly, with what he knows now, he should have endeavored to capture it. Alas, the panic he felt from potentially creating a break in history from the incredible picture of the battle between golems and vampires on the streets of London, compounded with the call of help from Nobunaga made him act too harshly...

Ainz exhaled and shook his head at the disappointment of missing some good loot. Of course, he had picked up the data crystals Caster had dropped before going to Nobunaga's aid, and planning on returning a little later to the killed Servant to pick up the rest of the loot. But he did not find anything else. It's a pity, at least a 'twisted piece of armor' or something like that should have dropped from a mob of this kind in YGGDRASIL...

Ainz shook his head before looking in front of him.

Underground tunnels, ha... What a familiar sight.

Ainz chuckled - once upon a time it was a place he had traversed through quite often, maybe even too much. The various network of tunnels underground had saved the inhabitants of Ainz's world from acid rains on the surface and made it possible to quickly move between individual buildings of complexes... It's a pity that many houses of ordinary residents were not connected to this network... truly the lives of the poor were a short and wretched thing.