Chapter 174

Cú Chulainn Alter, the more monstrous Cú Chulainn, unlike his more 'human' version, does not possess certain emotions and could not feel rage, joy, nor pleasure. He's a simple machine engineered simply for carnage and destruction. An unfeeling machine of blood and bones.

And that was bad news for Tesla.

Instantly rushing towards Tesla, the monster didn't even notice Edison's decapitated fallen body, which hadn't even begun to crumble into its constituent mana, sprinkling the ground beneath it with blood. Edison was weak, since a corpse can't exactly put up a fight, and Tesla was strong, no further thought or deduction was needed for Cú Chulainn to act.

Cu Chulainn Alter was literally the worst opponent for Tesla to fight.

After all, virtually every weapon in the world was made of metal in one way or another, and most metals, in one way or another, were subject to the effect of magnetic fields.

And Tesla, as master of electricity, had the power to create and manipulate electromagnetic fields.

So it didn't really matter to him, to the Servant of the modern world, whether one had a 'holy blade' in front of him or a 'cursed' one. Excalibur and Gram were both nothing more than metal sticks for his manipulation.

For Tesla, the mystical properties, to the superstitious mystics, were nothing more than remnants of the past.

The problem was that Cú Chulainn Alter's peculiar weapons, something between giant clawed paws and shields, were made from the bones of a monster. The part about the monster's mightiness interested Tesla very little, however, the fact that they were made of bones was the most important bit.

The bones were not magnetic.

So the electromagnetic cover around Tesla, acting constantly as a kind of force field defending from all attacks, lost all its power in an instant, leaving him defenseless. The situation causes him to recount, mentally only as befits a gentleman, a few rather dirty curses, and all the athletic techniques that could help him at the moment.

Tesla was not the most agile of Servants, comparatively speaking, he could be compared to artillery. Powerful in its area of use, but very vulnerable and immobile in any close combat. Of course, with his mastery over electricity and the magnetic fields, he was still confident in his abilities to fight in close combat. It would have been impossible for him to defeat Rama if he hadn't been able to use the electromagnetic field.

And so, now, with his Trump Card nullified, he has no chance against Cú Chulainn Alter.

Now with his, as much as it galls him to call Edison that, ally down, Rama, who was probably enraged because his precious Brahmastra was taken, was free to join in with Cu Chulainn Alter to push his face in.

For Tesla, facing the enraged Rama and the strengthened Cu Chulainn Alter, he might not even last minutes, but losing instead in seconds.

Even if Nobunaga intervened, putting herself in danger, she would not have been able to save Tesla. At most, she would have given him a reprieve of another ten seconds.

And that was assuming Nobunaga managed to deal with Scáthach, who continued to pounce on her as if the failed strategy with the Gate of Skye had never been intended to succeed in the first place. It seemed impossible to shake her absolute confidence, just as it was impossible to make her change her expression, still as cold, calm, and self-assured.

Nobunaga knew that she would win a battle of attrition against Scáthach thanks to Ainz, but how long would that take? A day, an hour, even if it was only a minute, it's a minute Tesla didn't have.