Chapter 138

Nikola Tesla took a look at his surroundings, examining his new home with an appraising glance, as if checking some new equipment before a new experiment.

Tesla was a man with a peculiar taste, but only on things that interested him. Although his understanding of himself, his mind and his intelligence did not allow him to call himself anything less than a genius, his requirements for his own domicile were close to none. As long as he could do his experiments, a bare cave would do.

Looking at his room furnished with a double bed, a small bedside table, a table, two chairs, and a wardrobe that is completely empty, Tesla didn't have any complaints. From the side of household living and comfort that is. But...

"Absolutely impermissible!" Tesla's body trembled in outrage "Where is the dynamo machine?! There's no space at all! Where will I put the alternator?! There is no room even for a radio for my experiments!" Sparks of electricity started flying as Tesla started raging at the atrocious nature of his domicile.

Tesla breathed in, he needed to calm down... But he really needed the space! And also, a lot of other things for his experiments! Mechanical parts, tools, wires, everything that is most vital in the life of a modern person! His genius demands it!

Tesla exhaled indignantly, looking at the infuriatingly empty room.

Ainz, his new Master, who had summoned him was an incredible human. If, of course, he was human at all.

Tesla remembered his battle against him, and how even his Magnum Opus, his Keuranos System, could not even hurt the mage. He then remembered his death, and his subsequent summoning, and then a deluge of information. Information that if the source of it were not Servants, he would have dismissed everything as tall tales, completely groundless rumors created by the myth-makers of the past.

So he was painfully aware just how outclassed he is against his own Master.

But did this give his Master any right to shield Tesla from his sacred mission? His important experiments that's going to help humanity advance into a new century, the century of the triumph of science? No, no, and one more time no!

Be his Master, an angel of Paradise, or a demon from the deepest level of Hell. Be he a thousand times stronger than Tesla or a thousand times weaker. The Creator himself will not be able to stop Tesla on his march for progress!

And therefore, after looking at his unsuitable abode again, he was now on a mission. Never mind the fact that the room was perfectly suitable from the point of view of life comforts. Never mind the fact that Servants don't even need any of it. As he concluded the absolute deficiencies of his future laboratory, Tesla intended to rectify this immediately.

He's going to find Ainz, who after being summoned disappeared somewhere along with Olga and Angrboda, and he's going to demand all the necessary lab equipment due to him. And if they did not have them, to take from Da Vinci at least half of her instruments! Genius or not, no one will stand in the way of Tesla's progress!

So with a furious cry and a flash of electricity, Tesla's going to stomp his way along the halls of Chaldea. Fortunately or not, Ainz found Tesla faster than Tesla was able to find Ainz, all before Tesla even exited his room.

Opening the door to his room, without knocking - somewhat impolite, but generally forgivable. The threshold to his room was violated first by one foot, then a hand, then a face, and finally his Master passed through.

Ainz, who a moment later looked at Tesla with interest and even with some pressure hidden in his gaze. The atmosphere was charged with electricity, and not all from Tesla.