Chapter 48

After the guests of the three emperors entered the room given to them Nero's smile became a little less bright, after which she placed her hands between her head, as if trying to squeeze something pulsating inside.

"Nero?.." Caligula's voice made the girl turn towards the mad Emperor, "Is everything all... Right?.."

"Just a headache," the girl said, trying to show off her eternal smile, although it appeared somewhat strained, "It's nothing, not something that should be paying attention to."

"Nero, if it's hard for you..." - although Caligula's voice sounded menacing because of his hoarse tone and the stretch with which he uttered the words, but he was trying to convey concern — and perhaps even anxiety — at least to the extent possible for the Berserker.

"It's all right ~ umu!" - Nero immediately dismissed the concern of Caligula, bluffing her way through with a smile, "Come on, that fatty has obviously been waiting for us!"

Caligula only nodded in response, taking a step back.

Now Nero was in the guest wing, where she led all the unexpected visitors who came to Antium on her urging, standing in one of the huge corridors that naturally belonged to a palace according to the architect's plan. The reason she volunteered to lead the visitors? Of course, to show off the hospitality of the Emperor of Rome herself!

'Although...' - a lonely thought overshadowed the girl's happiness- 'Can I still call myself the Emperor of Rome after all that have happened?'

The girl refrained from grimacing and, glancing at Caligula then followed him.

The second reason was simple. Caesar needed time to analyze all the facts revealed to him during the brief conversation with the Servants of Ainz. And at this time for Nero at this time it best to do two things: to not bother Caesar during his rumination and to make sure that the Servants, like Ainz himself, quietly went into their rooms, and not wander around the palace.

'Although,' Nero frowned a little, keeping her wide smile on her face, 'If one of them is an Assassin, then the situation may get complicated.'

Caesar was smart enough to make an accurate, almost complete psychological portrait of a person within ten minutes of a dialogue. Nero was far from being so confident in her ability to do this.

'But I am the Emperor of Rome!' - the girl immediately swept away this thought from herself, dismissing the thought that she, Nero herself, could not do something - 'Even in the case that something like that happened...'

After a couple of minutes, Nero and Caligula made the short trip back to the dining room, where Caesar was now, to find him continuing to calmly eat the huge steak laid out in front of him on a plate.

"Caesar," the girl sighed, "I don't remember that this steak was present during the banquet."

"Banquet, pf!" - the man after barely swallowing a piece of steak, almost patronizingly grinned at the absurdity of the word used by Nero, "A small aperitif before dinner is all that is!"

Nero sighed. Fighting Caesar's gluttony was futile.

'However,' the girl sighed. 'This does not tarnish all his other merits.'

Caligula walked silently behind Nero, sitting in the same seat that he did before, after which Nero sighed and then sat across from Caesar.

"So," the girl looked at Caesar, who continued to enjoy his next dish, "What did you find out about Ainz's Servants?"

"Can't this wait until I finish my meal?" Caesar glanced reproachfully at Nero, continuing to cut into the last piece of meat.

"We don't have that much time," the girl broke into a smile, highlighting the word "that much," "By the time you finish your dinner, it'll already the time to go into a "midnight snack" ~ umu!