Chapter 158

Even realizing that she had somehow stepped into the enemy's trap, there was little Medea could do about it.

For all her magical prowess, unfortunately, she could not travel through time. And so, there was little she could do in her current situation other than try to instantly jump up and run after the unknown adversary who had introduced themselves as a reporter.

On the other hand however, judging by Ainz's plan, the part of the plan that she was able to grasp at least, she was not required to do more.

Indeed, if her Master had given her important information, but had not warned her of anything more, for example, that Mashu and Medea should not communicate with anyone around them, he was clearly planning for something like this to happen. Anyone, even the dumbest person, could not make such a slip-up as 'just forgetting to give instructions'. And Ainz' actions had given Medea no reason to doubt his intelligence.

And so, whether or not to chase the 'reporter', Medea could only shrug. Either way, she was following Ainz' plan. And if no further instructions came from him, well, then all Medea had to do was act according to her own reasoning.

And that in turn meant that...

"Mashu," Medea turned to the other Servant, who was in a slump for some reason unknown to her. Apparently, Mashu thought that she had done something wrong in her decision to communicate with the reporter. Which was true. But at the same time, all according to plan, so, completely irrelevant to the situation. "It seems that we have done all we could in this situation, there's no point in staying here any longer."

"Hmm?" Mashu looked up, her expression still unsure. "What should we do next, then?"

The answer to that question was difficult to say, in view of the fact that Medea was not privy to Ainz's plan. But on the other hand, if she was left to her own devices, Medea could easily formulate a suitable plan for herself. "It is obvious, isn't it?"

Medea, rising from her chair, glanced at the few people still occupying seats in the café where Medea and Mashu had chosen to take a little break after receiving the unexpected information from Ainz. After that, she nodded and, without trying to reveal any additional information to her colleague, moved towards the exit.

Mashu, not prepared for such a quick action, tossed the small amount of money given by Ainz, matching her opinion of the price of the small snack received they had ordered, and hurried after Medea. "Caster, wait!"

Unlike Medea, Mashu's name was not associated with any legendary hero. And even if guessing, at a glance, that Galahad's spirit was inside her was pretty much impossible, there's still a need to keep Medea's name a secret.

However, Mashu's exclamation did not cause Medea to pause her stride, and so Mashu, almost losing sight of her colleague, rushed after her.

Medea herself, clearly focused on something and having some kind of plan of action in her mind's eye, almost escaped Mashu's gaze. Medea was moving quickly to the landmark she had identified. It took a few minutes for Mashu to manage to catch up with her, making Medea stop in some dark alley by grabbing her hand. "Caster!"

Medea, feeling the grip on her hand, seemed to flinch, then turned to Mashu, looking at her with an incomprehensible frown, before a dawning realization appeared on her face. "Oh, right... Of course, sometimes I forget that I need to voice my plans in order for someone to understand them..."

'I think just now our combined intelligence has been insulted, but I'm not sure how...' Galahad's voice whispered in Mashu's mind, but she was too distracted by trying to talk to Medea to respond to Galahad "Caster, where were you going in such a hurry? And what is the plan or what we're supposed to be doing? I don't understand!"