Chapter 67

"The heavens declare God's Glory..."

There were two Jeanne d'Arc.

"The firmament shows His handiwork..."

In war it is not so easy to differentiate between the innocent and the guilty. Soldiers go to war for the ideals of their commanders, the leaders lead a meaningless massacre of soldiers for the ridiculous ideas of their own paradise - a paradise for all those whom they had already sacrificed in their war. A hero for some is a monster for others.

"Speeches poured forth during the day and knowledge during the night..."

The great Achilles was the symbol of power for the Achaeans and an omen of horror for the Trojans. Hector was the shield in the service of Troy - and the wall where innumerable Greeks died trying to pass. Both heroes were great figures - their friends and followers looked at them with admiration while their enemies tremble in their shadow.

"A fire has ignited within my heart and continuously burns to remind me..."

In a war, the hero plays two roles - the savior and the destroyer, the protector and the aggressor.

"This is where I meet my end..."

One who has been recognized as a saint cannot be evil, just as the sun itself casts no shadows. The very idea of holiness is built on this. The saint has no other side.

"My destiny now runs its course..."

However, all people certainly have a dark side. While a Saint is a source of light — no matter how bright a light is — its shadow will always follow behind.

"My life's dream has reached its conclusion..."

The Saint, Jeanne d'Arc, the maiden of Orleans, has only one side. A different side for her was unthinkable - this was the very essence of the Saint.

"Utilizing the last thing I have left at my disposal..."

But under the feet of Jeanne d'Arc, the commander of the armies of France, who fought on the front lines, hundreds of corpses reamined. Dead, twisted, corpses cursing her name. Jeanne d'Arc, a French peasant woman, still had emotions. She still suffers, have fears, and could feel hatred.

The Saint had nothing but holiness.

The Saint could not cast any shadow, but Jeanne Alter existed.

The girl had a shadow, the girl which would later become known as Jeanne d'Arc.

"I fight to protect the path He must walk..."

Probably because of this facts, Jeanne therefore considered the Witch to be her younger sister. Because she was not a reflection of her own self. Because she was a reflection of the girl who would one day become Jeanne d'Arc. A mirror to her younger self.

In a way, she was her younger sister. The one that still has fears. The one that felt hatred. The one who still possesses nervousness and acted both brashly and stupidly. The one that has not yet become a Saint, a figure that rejected everything that makes her human.

"Lord, accept my sacrifice..."

Jeanne Alter was closer to her human self than Jeanne herself. The Dragon Witch could act as a person.

Jeanne d'Arc, the Holy One, was a Saint who acted as the Holy One should.

"O' Lord, I entrust this body to you..."

For only a human is free. The Saint has only their purpose.

Rather, a Saint is the Lord's tool, a pawn in his big game, which must fulfill its mission. Even if it means that they will perish. It is no coincidence that most Saints are martyrs.