Chapter 155

The conversation with the journalist went on a little longer than Medea herself had planned. After discussing and answering fairly standard questions, like life in the place where the two Servants came from, the reporter, who apparently took a favorable view of Mashu, continued to chat with her about minor things. He kept asking her about her private life and her relationship with Ainz, whose name happened to pop up in the previous questions.

Though, why is he asking those kinds of private questions? Ah, is that? Well, if the reporter was really fascinated by Mashu and hoped for something more than this solitary interview, then Medea could only empathize with the poor charmed fool, seduced by the girl's beautiful figure and exotic appearance. Still, she guesses that love blinds people.

After all, the only one who could not see Mashu's painfully obvious crush on Ainz was Mashu herself, though she never had the motivation or courage to admit it. However, not that Medea herself could blame her for that. Confessing one's love to anyone requires considerable moral strength. And, if you take into account Ainz's very, very unusual relationship with girls from the point of view of a modern man, it also probably even required physical strength to do so.

Of course, Medea did not think that any of the Servants already in a relationship with Ainz would actually dare to harm Mashu, but caution, demonstrated in advance, saves a lot of problems afterwards.

However, although Mashu's conversation dragged on longer than Medea expected, in the end, it didn't bother Medea overly much. Because the reporter, having correctly assessed Medea's mood, didn't bother her herself, settling in to interview Mashu instead, which gave Medea the time and peace for an opportunity for reflection and analysis of the current situation.

So, Ainz found out the essence of this Singularity, but he refused to say what exactly he found out. And in the same way, he did not plan to change or influence the other Servants' plan of action after receiving the information necessary to understand this Singularity. Why is that?

The first of the possible reasons was that Ainz's plan of action relied on the Servants' ignorance of his plan. Presumably, Ainz had grasped all the Servants' personalities enough that he could confidently predict the Servants' behavior if they did not know his plan, though they knew it existed. Furthermore, were he to share his information, he could also predict that the information would only cause the Servants to act incongruently, perhaps even disturbed his carefully laid plan. That's... quite scary actually, huh.

To be able to understand the Servant's personalities so perfectly that he can predict with certainty their behavior in various situations, depending on exactly what they knew and didn't. For ordinary people, such a thing was impossible even after many years of communication, like with family members or close friends. What's even more incredible, is that Medea could say with confidence that Ainz had not interacted with any of the Servants around him for longer than a few months. Even Medea herself was unspeakably far from the definition of 'close friend' for Ainz. All of their interaction consisted entirely of a few casual conversations at best and the two meetings they had, once in the Singularity and the other regarding Olga-Maria's training.

So the fact that he had already grasped Medea's whole personality and could predict her actions with certainty is quite chilling.

Although, perhaps comparing Ainz with anything ordinary could perhaps be taken as an insult. Even discounting his non-human intelligence and experience clearly beyond imagination that Ainz possessed, Ainz was so far outside the norm that Medea wasn't sure that this reason could be dismissed so easily.

A second possible reason was that the Servants were simply not necessary for Ainz to carry out his plan, that he planned to handle the Singularity on his own. No, that can't be the case, there would be a question as to the need for the Servants in this Singularity if that were the case. Maybe for a backup plan? If Ainz's original plan didn't work, and if the Servants didn't know about his plan, then it was unlikely that they could help in any way... Especially if Ainz himself had somehow been prevented from acting.