Chapter 8

Following behind Da Vinci, Ainz watched her hips thoughtfully. However the very act of this observation there was nothing lecherous, at least not intentionally. Despite the fact that Ainz was and still remained ,at the current moment, completely considered himself to be a man. His personality as a tired, lonely thirty-year-old man and his undead heart, deprived of all human passions, would simply not let him look at the hips of Da Vinci with any ounce of lust. He watched the girl's movements for a different reason.

'Shouldn't Da Vinci be a man?' Thoughtfully, Ainz glanced at the back of the girl in front of him. 'Or did the Grail change something when she was summoned?'

Although Ainz was not initiated into the inner workings of the magics of the universe in which he found himself, thanks to his status as a Servant called by the world, he was nevertheless aware that sometimes the Grail made 'mistakes'... No, probably not quite mistakes. It did not allow 'mistakes', rather, the Grail simply called for Servants and not the very people they were in life.

The Grail called not so much the 'heroes' themselves but people's ideas about example, so let's say although during their life a hero behaved according to their code of honor corresponding to their time, but later due to changes in their their legend over time. The hero's code of honor was forgotten, but the knowledge that the hero followed a "code of honor" was preserved, so the summoned Servant would have completely different moral "codes"than the one they had at the end of their life. Like with the King Arthur.

But still...

'Why is Da Vinci a woman in this case?' The man could not figure out the answer to this question and finally looked up from Da Vinci's hips, ceasing to look at the girl. However, fortunately for him, thanks to his lack of facial expressions and eyes, to ascertain he was looking at all this time was almost impossible.

'However this is not particularly important' After a few tens of seconds of thinking about this, the lich came to one definite conclusion: 'The situation in which I found myself in is more important.'

Ainz was not a genius, it was not worth praising his mental abilities. He was only minimally educated formally, he received only an elementary school education, since he could not afford a middle school level education in a grim world of the future and he himself had to confess, that he had a very, very low opinion of his mental abilities. However it was in vain.

Of course, it was not worth overestimating Ainz's mental abilities, but it was not worth downplaying it either. Although while Touch Me was a graduate of a prestigious university, Tabula Smaragdina remembered Greek myths as much as Aristotle because of his strange passion and Punitto Moe was superior to him in terms of tactics in a Guild war, it is unlikely that even a dozen people in the world could boast such thorough knowledge and understanding of both the mechanic and the inner lore of Yggdrasil. And of course if he truly did not have a well developed mental abilities, Ainz would never have become one of the best PvP players in the game while being a player with such a non-optimised for PvP build.

Therefore it was really only worth as a way to distract him from the contemplation of a beautiful girl walking in front of him, as the mind of Ainz plunged into an analysis of the situation in which he found himself in.

The death of humanity did not trouble Ainz. Mentally and physically he was no longer a human, but the fact that literally several hours after the Ainz decided to protect humanity, it had already disappeared, somewhat... Was worrying. And to deal with such a worrying thing Ainz planned first.

In the end, for starters, it was necessary to first determine what caused the disappearance of mankind in the first place. In Yggdrasil there were only a few items, whose abilities were so great, World Class Items. Although, even among them there was not one that could directly erase all of Mankind's existence on the world and set fire to its remnants. However even regarding this, Ainz was not completely sure. He knew about the existence of at least one WCI, which with a certain interpretation could be called as having such a power and with those shitty devs it would be possible for them to create a couple more that could be implemented in a similar way. However, fortunately, there were no players in Yggdrasil who decided to act in such a frenzy. After all, even if they had decided to do so, then the best thing that could have happened to them would be becoming outcasts to all players and the united parties of players who had suddenly lost an entire game, the world, with all the NPCs and quests, would kill them repeatedly until they left the game. In the worst case, for such an action they would be attacked in the real world.