Chapter 145

Ainz felt some irresistible urge to grin and, turning his head straight into a camera, utter something like 'Yeah, it's me. You probably want to ask me a question, how did I find myself in the current situation?'. Unfortunately, there was no camera anywhere near Ainz, but he was still having a headache. Unlike the non-existent camera, there are other things that confuse him even more than the possibility of the presence of a camera recording his life all the time.

The name of these 'things' was Kiyohime. And, as one might expect, Ainz was not exaggerating at all by saying that dealing with her embarrassed him even more than any camera placed next to him. And since he had just experienced two 'things' that he rather not have broadcasted to the general public, that was saying something.

Although, if right now any camera was placed next to Ainz, Ainz would obviously be so embarrassed that his suppression of emotions would have to do some heavy lifting several times over. Perhaps even several dozen times. Still, no matter how you look at it, Ainz would never let other people see the... special moments of his life.

Um, yes, of course, Ainz is revelling in the situation in which he had found himself in at the moment. But it was not at all as rosy as it might seem. After all, he practically was not responsible in creating the situation itself, so it might also end even without his intervention. Although, perhaps, Ainz could also say that this whole situation was also created exclusively by his actions.

Hmm, ha... What was he talking about again?

I mean, after getting rid of Da Vinci, Ainz made the strategically correct decision to visit Archer again in order to get another cup of coffee. Something which Archer did, even if somewhat reluctantly, and then just teleport back to his room.

Though, why did Archer look so irritable? He did look like he was lacking sleep. Do Servants even need sleep? Medusa did need some rest after their... 'activities', but it was a special case.

Hmm, this coffee is superb. Ah, that's right, Kiyohime.

Now back in his room, a cup of delicious coffee in hand and no difficult thoughts or plans in mind, Ainz was the most relaxed he had ever been. Only for all of it to crash down when he ran into a girl which he did not expect to see in his room at all. He could physically feel his stress levels rising.

Although, probably, he should have really expected her presence. Of course, it might even be worth saying that her presence in Ainz's room was the only logical event that Ainz should have expected when he returned to his room.

Either way, Ainz ran into Kiyohime in his room. More specifically, she was lounging on his bed.

"Good... " Ainz glanced somewhat uncertainly at Kiyohime. "Day, Kiyohime. Is there something I can help you with?"

Okay, he has to be honest with himself here, he had practically forgotten about Kiyohime's existence altogether. And who could blame him for that? Ainz had so many Servants already, so there's no way for him to interact with them all in any major way...

Although, if he had used Create a Copy... An idea for the future, perhaps.

Hmm, anyway, Ainz had forgotten about Kiyohime's existence almost completely.

Kiyohime, however, did not forget about Ainz at all.

"Master," She smiled with unvarnished happiness, not at all embarrassed or even a hint of regret that she had intruded into his room without permission, ignoring all kinds of ethics and rules of decency. "Anchin, Ainz..."

"Yes?" Ainz, trying to hide the nervousness rising inside him, took another sip from his mug. "Is there something wrong?

Kiyohime was... Ainz doesn't really know what she wants. Ainz's interaction with her was practically non-existent, that he was not even sure how exactly he should act around her.