Chapter 79

The procession of incredulous events forced Ainz suppression of emotion to activate, allowing Ainz to slowly exhale and calm down

'This...' - Ainz looked at Drake, who continued to look at him with a huge grin - 'This... Is such a thing really supposed to work like this?'

On the one hand, The Great Tomb of Nazarick, his guild base - and part of his current Noble Phantasm - were obtained exactly in such a way. Ainz Ooal Gown, who had just established themselves as a guild, had conquered the Great Tomb of Nazarick Dungeon, after which, as a reward for clearing the dungeon they received the right to use the tomb as a guild base. They later expanded it to its current finished form that was part of Ainz's Noble Phantasm. As Ainz had encountered such a thing before - it was impossible to say that Ainz never faced 'the winner becomes king'- kind of logic, but at the same time, up to this point, Ainz never thought that this logic could be applied to his current situation and this new world.

'Although...' - Ainz thought, recalling the lore of Yggdrasil - 'Quite a lot of beastmen tribes choose their kings by battle royale... And not to mention that most of all the kingdoms of Yggdrasil were formed when there was a powerful warrior who was able to unite a large group of people in one conquering campaign... '

'Well, in that case such a thing occurring now is not really extraordinary...' - Ainz slowly exhaled once more, after which he looked at Drake again. She, having caught his attention, only nodded towards Blackbeard, - "By the way, if you want to throw him into the sea - just tell me, I will do it with the utmost joy."

"Shut up, old hag, I'm helpful!" Blackbeard instantly spat out a curse at Drake.

"You were a captain only because we had too few Servants before now," Drake did not let the insult bother her, "Now, when this problem has been resolved, I vote to hang you on the nearest post."

"There are no posts in the sea, idiot," Blackbeard snorted.

"We'll find one just for you," Drake answered instantly.

Baal glanced at Ainz, and seeing... something, he took a step forward, "I'm sorry, but as my lord's deputy, I believe that I will be given the privilege to bring the majority's sentence to execution..."

"Hold, Ikemen!" Blackbeard instantly recoiled, after which he looked at him in surprise, "Bros before hoes!"

"Isn't it good in this case that you and I have not managed to become "bros" yet?" Baal smiled, "Indeed, of course, how could I testify against my friend..."

"Wait a minute, discount Satan," Cainabel sharply dug her clawed hand into Baal's shoulder, forcing him to hiss without causing any change to his perpetual smile from his face, "and who appointed you the deputy of my lord? It seems to me that you do not understand a little where your place in this hierarchy is..."

"Not fair!" Nero's voice was completely out of place in this conversation, "Why is he an admiral?! I wanted to be an admiral!"

"But you already took the title of captain," a small fraction of satisfaction was heard in Mashu's voice, "What do you have to complain about?"

Ainz slowly sighed. Well, and he thought he had trouble managing with only six Servants - and now there are ten of them... Truly marvelous.

"Silence," Ainz gave an order, after which all his Servants, who were all frolicking about, became silent, turning their eyes toward Ainz.

'Ha, they do listen to me!' - Ainz nearly broke into a smile. If someone like Cainabel and Baal began to listen implicitly to him, did it mean that he had reached the position of a respected boss? That would be great!