Chapter 114

With a simple glance, Mozart could conclude that Olga Marie's newly casted spell could not truly be called exceptional. Neither in its potency or even in its execution. At least in Mozart's opinion, a somewhat capable magi who practiced magecraft all their lives would not call it that. And of course, as a Servant, a being who surpassed almost any magi of the Association, Mozart could not call her spell skillful at all.

Of course, Mozart, is a Caster-class Servant, will have a higher standard on what he considered 'skillful'. Even though Mozart was not the most prominent of the Caster class, he was still a Servant for whom almost any modern magecraft would seem like a child's effort when compared to what he could create.

Therefore, as her Mentor, Mozart should not have been surprised at all by what Olga-Marie had accomplished. Though seeing the spell heading towards him, he could give it a passing mark.

However, Mozart, instead of doing as logic and common sense dictated to him, just glanced at the Animusphere's spell and took a step forward, putting himself closer on the path of the spell.

"Ha?" Olga-Marie glanced at her sparring partner, somewhat surprised, before her spell crashed into Mozart.

With a flash, Olga-Marie's exploded as it struck Mozart. After which a familiar melody hit Mozart's ears.

Of course, if in Mozart's place were another magi, even another Servant, they would not have heard anything. Unlike Mozart, who is able to weave music itself into magecraft - Olga-Marie could not reach such a level, which is why her magecraft of Orpheus learned from Mozart looked not at all similar to Mozart's.

Still, Mozart swayed in place a little when the spell crashed into him. After which he involuntarily let out a hiss of pain. Even though Olga-Marie's ability with the Orpheus system of Magecraft was not even close to Mozart's level, it was still painful enough to calmly accept it without protection. No doubt, this was the magecraft of Orpheus.

Mozart even allowed Olga-Marie's magecraft to cut into him in order to be convinced of this. Even though it would be child's play to extinguish the spell, and then deal with his opponent with a retaliatory maneuver - Mozart chose not to do so.

Satisfied with what he had found he shook his head, catching the eyes of Olga-Marie, who looked at him with a silent question.

"Enou... , kuh." Mozart tried to talk, but finding no air in his lungs he then tried took a deep breath - only to suddenly feel an unpleasant aching feeling in his chest. He had broken a rib.

"Ha..." - Mozart mentally sighed - "Broke a rib..."

Of course, it was not surprising for a magi to break a rib, if not worse, when they were struck by an offensive magecraft. For an ordinary magi it would not be surprising. But for a Servant to be wounded? It would take a very special and powerful spell or occasion for it to happen. Which is why what had happened should be impossible.

Mozart would not have been wounded by an ordinary spell casted by a normal magi. Mozart was - albeit far from the most hardy - a Servant. The damage was done when Olga-Marie used Orpheus' magecraft, something that Mozart has a great knowledge of, and should be able to withstand better than other forms of magecraft..

And lastly and perhaps most shocking of all, the branch of magecraft that she used... She had only learned not more than three weeks ago!.

"Enough." With a shudder of pain, Mozart repeated one more time, after which he glanced at the still shocked Olga-Marie. She, upon hearing his instruction, slowly came to herself and moved swiftly towards Mozart with a worried expression on her face. Seeing Olga act in such a strange way forced a chuckle to emerge - only for Mozart to immediately grimace from the broken rib.