Chapter 105

Ainz exhaled his breath slowly and shook his head to clear the slight buzz in his head. Strictly speaking and from a logical point of view, he fully understood that in his current body, invulnerable to all types of poison and all the negative effects such a thing would entail, he should not have been intoxicated at all...

But on the other hand, even if the sense of lightness and euphoria was all just self-deception. And that the feeling of slowly increasing intoxication was all just in his head. Such a thing doesn't really matter to Ainz in the end.

In the end, even if he had just deceived himself by making himself believe that he got drunk, it still worked. Which means Ainz should be glad that he was able to open his guard a little - and share his problems to Hector. It had even, in a sense, helped him.

Not that it would instantly resolve all his problems at once of course... But it had lifted his spirits and calmed his restless mind, so Ainz was pleased.

"Ainz!" - However... Da Vinci calling his name from somewhere made Ainz sighed in defeat instead.

Of course, as soon as he thought that everything in his life is beginning to improve, Da Vinci immediately appeared.

Ainz truly believed that Da Vinci didn't want to ruin his life... Most likely. But Ainz was confident that even if he had truly regained a little peace of mind for the moment, Da Vinci's presence next to him, battering him with complex questions after another, would rob him of all his newfound calm and clear mind.

He should. Definitely should talk to Da Vinci and answer her questions to make her stop badgering him... But later.

Ainz looked around the white sterile corridor.

After meeting, talking, and then playing a fighting game with Hector in one of Chaldea's many lounging rooms, Ainz has decided not to use teleportation to get back to his room. A fatal mistake. As he is, at the moment, in one of the identical intertwining corridors of Chaldea. And that was bad enough without the looming threat of Da Vinci accosting him.

Where does this door lead? Why is there no directory anywhere? Should he turn around and head back? Where did he come from?

Ainz was badly lost in one of Chaldea's many labyrinthian corridors.

"I can smell you from ten kilometers away!" Da Vinci's voice resounded like it was straight out of some horror movie, forcing Ainz to look hurriedly for options.

Run? Ainz was sure that if he did such a thing he would only get more lost...

Teleport to his room? It was a tempting option... but what if one of his 'lovers' was inside? Ainz has calmed down somewhat, but he's definitely not yet ready to face the music. Besides, Da Vinci would just go there sooner or later, he needs to find some other place to hide.

As if straight out of a horror movie, the sound of footsteps slowly got louder and louder, heralding Da Vinci coming near him. Ainz cursed powerlessly and jumped into the first door that he sees, closing it behind him.

The door closing behind him instantly cut off all sounds coming from outside. And, as Ainz suspects, any sound coming from inside the room as well. The room is soundproof.

"Do we have soundproof rooms in Chaldea?" Ainz blinked. Hmm, he wonders, yes, that's right, there was definitely one soundproof room in Chaldea that he remembered.

The Gym.

Turning around, Ainz looked inside the room, confirming his guesses. Indeed, judging by the exercise machines and the mirror-covered walls, he was in the gym. Or as it was known to the Servants, the sparring ring. It was a place for Servants to waste time when they were tired of sitting in one place, or are particularly martially minded.