Chapter 11

When she woke up, Olga-Marie Animusphere sighed several times, as if checking to see if she could still breathe after all that had happened. After which she slowly opened her eyes. Her eyes were stuck together and did not want to open - though it was somewhat expected, as yesterday she fell asleep drowning in tears.

Slowly the girl rose from her seat, feeling the vile sensation of clothes sticking to her sweaty body. She fell asleep yesterday without undressing. It was not surprising though, considering all that had happened to her.

Having risen from her seat the girl slowly stretched, then lowered one leg off the couch, then the other and slowly stood up only to trip on the bottle lying on the floor. The bottle with remains of unfinished whiskey then, with a mocking splash, poured out smearing the carpet that was already past the best days of its life.

'I should ask Lev to send someone for cleaning.' The thought automatically went through the girls head before she could catch herself. Lev will not send anyone. And he will never come. He is dead. And even if he were alive, it is still not clear what would be worse in this case...

Her head throbbed, not from a hangover but from the thoughts that had overwhelmed the girl.

'Why always me? Why only me? Why do I constantly get into some kind of carousel of fuckery?' - was the only thought the girl could think of.

'Why Chaldea? Why a Singularity? Why Lev? And in the goddamn Hell, why me?!' The girl finished.

All her tears were wept yesterday. They went in proportion of one to one with the unfinished whiskey already soaking the carpet in her office. She went through all of the five stages - denial, anger, bargaining, depression and eventually acceptance. Now she no longer wanted to cry and shout to the sky, asking why was all of this happening to her. She did not want to cry, remembering Lev, and did not want to ask dark questions about the future, thinking about Momo... Ainz. She didn't even want to drink alcohol, which she got yesterday by raiding Lev's stash.

She only wanted to go to the bathroom.

The Animusphere's office was a whole complex of rooms, among which there were even living rooms. So to the girl's pleasure she didn't need to risk running into other people, showing everyone her wrinkled clothes and matted tattered white hair. She needed to take only a few steps.

Reaching the shower, the girl took off her clothes. In the past, she would definitely have folded the clothes and placed it to the side in a neat pile, after which she would have called someone to take her things for washing. But now she just threw everything off the floor and climbed into the bathtub herself.

With a blissful sound, hot water poured from the faucet, immediately starting to fill the bath, after which the Animusphere with a sigh, threw back her head on the side. The main core of Chaldea was the main power source of absolutely everything that exists in Chaldea. It was both an electric and a heating station at the same time, because of which, even under current its conditions, the hot water supply was not affected.

Olga did not want to think about the current situation. She only wanted to lie in the bath and slowly dissolve in the warm water. She wanted to dissolve completely, just to not think about everything that had happened. She tried to think about it yesterday and as her crumpled clothes and spilled whiskey showed — did not succeed.

She also wanted to smoke, but the girl used up the last remaining pack of cigarettes yesterday after her revival.

She didn't want to think about the revival either.

In addition she had long wanted to start solving her smoking problems. Health problems, supply problems, problems with hiding it from Lev - all of it. If he knew he would definitely scold her. No, wouldn't scold her, he was too soft and kind for that - most likely, he would just have looked with his slightly offended look and shook his head, as if to say 'I want only the best for you, but you could do anything you want to do' and this would be the most cruel punishment for the girl.