Chapter 169

Chaldea, being the top-of the line scientific institute funded by the most wasteful of byzantine organizations filled with people whose taste if luxury of unmatched, the UN, was filled with a myriad of entertainment sources. With facilities supporting a multitude of scientific research, to an area large enough to support several private gardens for high-ranking employees.

Not overly large, but enough for a hobby.

In the face of the apocalypse, Chaldea just added a significant number of services for the remaining employees to waste their time.

For example, the employees could watch with bated breath for the slow, crumb-by-crumb drain of energy still left in Chaldea's main reactor, its draining marking their impending deaths. Or maybe even try to clear the rubble, either to find resources under the rubble, or at least find someone they had not yet been buried with honors. The latter happened quite often, even long after the explosion.

To the Servants, though, Chaldea was mostly like a nursing home for old people. A small room with a comfortable bed for the inhabitants to languish with idleness, with activities that old people would enjoy.

For Kiyohime, the nursing home comparison was perhaps too apt, seeing as she was currently crocheting.

She didn't interact much with the other Servants in Chaldea, she was never really one for social niceties in the first place. At most, it boils down to simple greetings, after which she happily forgot about the other's existence. Kiyohime was not the most sociable of all the Servants, nor was she the easiest person for anyone to find reasons to talk to, so her lack of friends was to be expected, really.

Logic would suggest that Kiyohime was making a scarf of sorts. But if one considered the way the plaid was crumpled, never mind its size. Add in the huge figure that even sitting on the floor with its horns towering higher than Kiyohime would have managed to jump, one could also guess that the huge product was nothing more than a warm sweater for Asterios. Who watched mesmerized as Kiyohime turned yarn into clothing by deft manipulation of two iron spokes.

For Kiyohime she was doing nothing strange.

After all, Kiyohime was rightfully the only REAL wife of Ainz! There was no need to justify or confirm this, it was axiomatic to any human or Servant just by looking at Kiyohime and Ainz. How could anyone not see their absolute love for each other!?

And so, what Kiyohime was doing right now would be clear to anyone watching, if Kiyohime is a wife and Ainz is a husband, then they are family! And family means children!

Unfortunately, Kiyohime understood that while they could not have children right now, Ainz's business of saving the world did somewhat interfere with such a development, but that did not mean that they had no children in Chaldea!

After all, just look at Asterios, that sweet boy, with his horned three meters tall when he stood to his full height, was indeed a wonderful child!

And what better training for Kiyohime for her future children, than to interact with this sweet child? Even more, Kiyohime also realized that this way she could show Ainz her readiness to start a family!

And Asterios himself was a remarkable child, he did not even have to invent games to occupy his attention, he watched with pleasure and even interest as Kiyohime continued to create a gift for him.

Perhaps the only detail in the current circumstances that stood out from the routine of the beautiful family with some proportional-height discrepancy were the occasional throwing knives flying out of nowhere. The blades crashing into the painted targets on the other side of the room. Well, it was more like a warehouse than a room, okay it was actually a hangar for Chaldea's various airships.