Chapter 70

Ainz pensively walked along the corridors of Chaldea, at least as pensive he could be with a chatterbox walking alongside him..

"Just think about the new prospects that could be opened for you!" The identity of the chatterbox was, of course, Da Vinci. She is walking beside him, talking all the while, completely unaffected by Ainz's current skeleton appearance. it is as if she saw terrifying skeletons wearing a mantle all the time. However, given that it was Ainz her nonchalant attitude was understandable - "If we do it, then the increase in strength for the Servant will be simply unbelievable!"

Ainz sighed, what Da Vinci was talking about was inherently interesting, promising and even desirable. In fact, Ainz could say that using the Grail on the Servants was similar to obtaining a unique case for displaying a collection. As far as he knew, different Masters could receive the same Servants, not at the same time of course, but still the same Servant from the Throne of Heroes. On one hand, if Ainz used the Grail, he could turn his Servants into unique ones, one that will never be summoned to any other Master in their collection, but at the same time...

"I have to take care of the Servant's well-being," Ainz breathed at the thought.

Human experimentation... Officially, in the future world of Ainz they were banned. But like in many other cases, given that the government's power was quite fictitious and the world was actually run by the megacorporations, rumors about human experiments were very popular in the internet and too often it turns out that not all of it is untrue. Of course, it doesn't mean that all of them were true, but this did not mean that among hundreds of suspicious cases there was not at least one that is confirmed to be true...

'Bellriver was greatly interested about this issue...' - Ainz remembered his guildmate's interest in conspiracy theories.

Thus, if Ainz is now planning to take care of his Servants, then experiments on them were, if not completely prohibited, at least very much controlled. Ainz will only consider doing such a thing only if the Servant themselves chose to undergo the procedure and also if Da Vinci could give him enough evidence that there wouldn't be any side effects. Therefore...

"I'm sorry," Ainz bowed his head slightly, apologizing, "But I cannot agree with your proposal at the moment."

Da Vinci was silent after that. Ainz prepared to hear from her any sort of arguments to convince him of the usefulness of such a procedure or even her resentment, but instead...

"Alright," Da Vinci shrugged her shoulders.

Ainz blinked, metaphorically of course since his real body had neither an eyelid nor an eye, after which he glanced at Da Vinci.

She continued to walk next to Ainz, completely not showing any other reaction about his refusal. Ainz even wondered for a second whether her nonchalance was true or whether it was only a mask that hid her true mood. He was not allowed to think about it for too long before the doors that opened in front of him marked the end of the corridor.

'Women... I will never understand them!' - is the only conclusion that Ainz could come up with.

Inside the summoning room were the people that were expected, Roman, and the Chief. What was surprising to Ainz, other than the presence of Da Vinci, was the presence of Cainabel in the summoning room for some reason.

Ainz sighed and then looked at the vampire with interest. She, having felt Ainz's questioning gaze, bowed deeply.

"I apologize, my lord," Cainabel did not cease her bow for ten long seconds, trying to consolidate the fact that she completely submits to Ainz's authority. The appearance of Ainz's real body and a small incident that occurred during the last battle in the Singularity made her recall some problems in her behavior. "I just wanted to look at your future Servants in order to know and meet my future... colleagues in person."