Chapter 82

Teleporting back to the Golden Hind, Drake's ship, Ains could feel the tension leaving his body. Everything worked out even better than he expected!

A second later, his spell, a spell which protected him from bludgeoning damage to some degree, subsided and Ainz was forced to slightly correct his assessment. Indeed, they tried to hit him when they were surprised by his teleportation, but after Ainz had immobilized them, they easily agreed to work with him. So even though he had encountered some speed bumps, Ainz could confidently congratulate himself on the fact that he once again had proved to be a good boss!

Meeting a new party, and worse a team of them, and asking for cooperation is always going to encounter a lot of problems. Ainz knew of this firsthand - and although he was never a boss, he had heard that a well-coordinated team is used in his old company company to decide how to test the strength of their potential partner when meeting a new business partner. This was not the most pleasant of occurence, but an integral part of the work of large companies. If you look at it from the point of view of Servants who were created as machines of destruction and assassination - something like "prove that you are strong enough for us to even bother listening to you" was quite expected. And the fact that Ainz had to prove his mettle in battle was perhaps a normal thing to Servants. Heck, didn't he have to do the same thing not so long ago with Drake?

"Oh, wow..." - Drake, a recent proof of such a line of thinking, took a step toward Ainz, - "You really did it... You had beaten the Argonauts like a group of bitches and had subjugated them... Admiral, my man, you are the coolest badassassest motherfucker that I know of!"

Ainz was slowly feeling a little uncomfortable, both from the praise and from how it was expressed, - "It was nothing special..."

"Nothing special?!" Drake interrupted Ainz right away, glancing at Ainz with a mixture of admiration and surprise, "You, my man, bitchslaped fucking Heracles!"

"There wasn't anyone strong among them..." - Ainz suddenly realized what Drake's words actually meant, "Heracles?"

"Who else?" Drake looked at Ainz with a huge grin. "Heracles himself! Or did you think that I couldn't kick Jason's ass? Pft, admiral, my flotilla would be enough to shoot his ship straight to the bottom of the Ocean, but Heracles remained the real problem... But you actually did it, you absolute madman, you actually bitchslapped Heracles! You're damn fucking cool, admiral!"

"Heracles..." - Ainz repeated again to himself, - "That is... The very same Heracles... The great hero... One of the hardest bosses..."

"I'm not sure about this 'boss' thing you're talking about, but yes, it's him," Drake nodded with a huge grin, watching the Argo beginning to approach the fleet, "Heracles himself, one of the coolest assholes the Earth has seen in all it's history!"

"Heracles..." Ainz repeated again while frozen in shock.

'I mean, it's not YGGDRASIL...' - Ainz felt his emotion being suppressed as his shock threatened to consume him - 'Holy... If I were actually fighting the same Heracles as in Yggdrasil... Oh my, I would have to use my WCI or call for help. And not just from his Servants, but a large amount of reinforcement from Nazarick... It would be enough if I had time to actually use my Noble Phantasm. Heracles was a boss who could cause damage with his weapons that could not be reduced by any ordinary abilities, was practically immune to all physical damage... And worst of all, he had a just inhuman level of regeneration, not to mention the fact that when his health is low he would fall into a berserker mode with a whole slew of new attack patterns. And all of these and it was just the first phase! In his third phase, he was a problem even for ten hundred-level players in specialized equipment... Once, back in the heyday of Ainz Ooal Gown, Ulbert once had to come up with some huge complicated plan to beat him. He had collected an insane amount of artifacts and he took two WCI with him to the battle! And yet he still only managed to defeat Heracles on the third attempt. And that was because of a happenstance combination of circumstances...'