Chapter 95

Ainz exhaled, finally managing to put his excited mind in order.

Leveling up, skills, levels... All this information was definitely interesting, important and even intriguing to think about. However, if he were to concentrate on it excessively, Ainz was afraid that he would lose grasp of the much closer and even more important things in the overall picture.

More precisely, the completion of the quest!

Well, the last battle of the Singularity, to be exact.

Ainz exhaled once more and then turned his gaze to the two Servants near him..

Ainz, Baal and Cainabel. The three 'main' fighting forces of Chaldea were gathered at the moment on the bridge of Ainz's ship in a kind of war council, a meeting where Ainz planned to do the three things that he did best in life.

Plan battle tactics, delegate authority, and finally let his much smarter and more capable subordinates go about their business... Hmmm, he seemed to be very talented at this for some reason.

"That is all of the main battle plan on my end.", - Ainz finally uttered his last phrase, ending his suggestion for the final battle plan, and fell silent. Planning to allow two of his, ahem, field commanders to express their own opinions, and express their own ideas - "Any suggestions on your part?"

"Absolutely not," Baal was the first to speak out after Ainz's words, "If the plan was concocted by you, my lord, then it is definitely the best possible one."

'This again' - Ainz groaned inwardly, almost resorting to covering his head with his hands in dismay 'Why do I feel like I'm trapped now? What was it? Repeat a lie a thousand times - and it will become the truth... Someone said that in the past - Tabula maybe?'

Ainz would be lying if he said that he didn't like it when his subordinates thought he was a cool omniscient deity of some sort. Who in their right mind wouldn't like that?! However, at the same time, it could sometimes be tiresome. Especially when Ainz was considered by everyone to be infallible on occasions when Ainz himself was not at all sure about the quality of his decisions. Especially, when he wanted the other much smarter Servants to give their own plans... Maybe not from Cainabel.

Ainz believed, with a high degree of probability, that his plan was not perfect in any way. After all, there is no such thing as perfection. His plans were at least adequate according to all the information collected by Ainz and his conjecture about their future fight. However, as already mentioned, Ainz did not believe that he could ever achieve a perfect plan and therefore was always ready to listen to opinions to improve it. And when there were no suggestions or even complaints for improving the plan, the first thing that came to his mind was definitely not that he had achieved perfection somehow. But that someone had missed a very big mistake lurking in his plans.

"Hmm..." - Cainabel murmured out - "I see... I think I have begun to understand the purpose of this battle."

"Oh, that's good..." Ainz exhaled.

'Has Cainabel just realized now of all time why there is a need for a final battle in this Singularity!?' - Ainz blinked in disbelief - 'To kill all enemies and therefore win... Seems like that's how it's usually done for?'

However, as usual, Ainz did not ask for any clarifications from the puzzling things that were said to him, hoping that his silence would be correctly perceived by his subordinates as him not understanding what they are talking about. And not somehow be finagled into being misunderstood that he understood or something. HA! What a joke that would be.

"I must admit. It was also somewhat incomprehensible to me, up to this moment, why it occurred to you, my lord, to destroy Poseidon..." - Baal exhaled and shook his head.