Chapter 53

Medusa is looking around at the people gathered around her.

For the first time in a long time - literally "looked". Using her eyes. At real people. Well, Servants, it doesn't matter.

It was strange, unusual and pleasant. Exciting, even.

She could navigate in space without the help of ocular vision, of course. And do it very well indeed - she could easily distinguish the shape of an object no worse than a person who uses their sight, determine the sharpness of a blade without even looking at it, grasp the mana used by a magi in the instant they cast their spells only using her instincts and other senses. But many things remained beyond her comprehension. Color, appearance, beauty.

It was really amazing.

Medusa was the youngest of the Gorgon sisters, so in a sense she could even be called a "child." However, she was actually an adult and grown-up woman, so she absolutely did not want to take a closer look at the Servants surrounding her, to examine Cainabel's dress, to evaluate the contours of Romulus' muscles or to closely examine all the features of Jeanne's armor.

Well, only a little...

"I admit, it's a little strange to me that your Master went to a battle but left his Servants behind," Romulus said that immediately after Ainz and Cu Chulainn disappeared thanks to their instant teleportation.

"It's even stranger that he could teleport himself," Zhuge Liang, the Servant who was currently hidden behind Waver's mask. He sighed, then reached for his cigarette case by pure habit, however, after looking at Romulus, he retracted his hand, "Although the fact that he decided to confront a Servant alone except for one Servant also bothers me."

Teleportation...

Teleportation was a rare ability. Extremely rare, even unique one could say.

Not absolutely unique though - there were magis capable of wielding such power. There were just a few of them and each one of them is very powerful in their own way. Wizard marshall and the Second Magician Kischur Zelretch Schewinorg. The king of magic, Solomon. The great alchemist, Paracelsus... In general, magis of a similar caliber, exceptionally rare in history.

But looking at Ainz, Medusa was sure that someone of his caliber was in the least not inferior to the great magis in power. Which, however, answered another question, in fact a question just asked by Romulus.

"Well," Cainabel, still slightly worried of being chastised again by Ainz, tried to resist the insults that Medusa could see forming in her mind, "The battle will last as long as Ainz himself wants it too. And judging by the fact that he has not returned yet - he decided to have some fun."

"Hm, you have a very high opinion of your Master, child..." At that moment, Romulus' polite expression suddenly froze, like a mask.

"What is it?.." - Cainabel clearly wanted to continue her inquiry by spitting out something like "or are you like a dinosaur, your little brain not even capable to finish their sentences?" - however, she stopped herself halfway.

"The presence of one of the attacking Servants has disappeared," said Romulus after a moment of silence.

"The fun did not last long," Cainabel sighed, after which, not finding any opportunity to continue the conversation without insulting anyone, she simply shut up.

'Even if she is a blood sucking beast she doesn't even think of disputing Ainz's orders' - Medusa sighed. Blood sucking beast, ha... As if Medusa was one to talk about "blood-sucking beasts"...

There was an awkward silence at the table for a few seconds. Medusa was not particularly bothered by the silence of this type - in fact, she preferred silence to various kinds of conversations. However, not all of the servants of Ainz agreed with her sentiments.