Chapter 46

Serenity moved through the corridors, trying to occupy as little space as possible in the space available to her. Of course, she was not shy - but it would be problematic if she accidentally left a little sweat on the wall and some unfortunate person - or even a Servant, as if the distinction changes something - would lean on it would die in terrible agony a couple of days later.

"That's it for the 'official wife'", - Serenity also tried not to think about Kiyohime moving beside her.

Serenity silently continued to move forward, pampering herself with the thought that the girl chasing her could get lost at the next corner and finally stop bothering Assassin.

"Why do you think he did not take you into the Singularity?" Kiyohime covered her face with her fan, and then looked away, as if she had not looked at Serenity's reaction at all. However, she didn't plan to lag behind Assassin, so her feigned thoughtfulness on the issue only made Serenity sigh, "Maybe because he doesn't really like you that much?"

Serenity did not like to cause conflict for no reason. In the end, if someone really was her enemy - she would rather finish it off quickly, by poison or dagger, doesn't matter - than wasting time and energy on meaningless conversations. However, due to the fact that Kiyohime was a Servant of her Master, and therefore could not simply be killed while she slept - and because she also was not lagging behind Assassin, she was forced to reply - "Because of my death in the Singularity, Master preferred not to expose me to the excessive risks."

"Oh, is that all?" Kiyohime grinned at her open fan. "I have heard such a boring answer a hundred times already — and for a hundred times my faith in such an answer has not grown. Do you really think so - or do you still can't understand that it was a ruse?"

Serenity only stopped her movement at this, then sighed - shortly, but still a tired sigh - and turned to Kiyohime, who, catching Serenity's eyes, smiled into her open fan, hiding the satisfied expression on her face.

"You also remained in Chaldea, despite the fact that you did not die in the previous Singularity," Serenity looked at the girl intently, "Unlike me, you don't even have an excuse for why you stayed here."

"Hmm," it seems that this topic nevertheless also bothered Kiyohime, because of which her smile faded a little - but after a second returned to its previous state, "Unlike you, Anchin and I share the eternal love that has existed for hundreds of years. Such a trifle is not able to interfere with our love."

"Really?" Serenity glanced uninterestedly at Kiyohime. "You declare this — but I still have not seen the evidence. Master did not even talk with you after your summoning."

"Like you," Kiyohime parried back, but this answer did not have the ridicule that she now held on her face.

"You did not answer the first part of my question," Serenity calmly pointed out this fact, "I feel your reluctance to answer it. Can't even say why?"

"It's not something that someone like you will understand," Kiyohime blurted out a grin, but that grin lacked any real smugness and sense of superiority. Rather, Kiyohime attempted to display a smirk as if she truly spoke with confidence - "Our connection with Anchin does not need such petty confirmation."

"Do you really think so - or do you still can't understand that it was a ruse?" Serenity, with a slight sense of satisfaction, replied back using the words of Kiyohime, after which she saw how slowly the smile slid from Berserker's face.

"You speak too confidently for someone who is not ready to know the anger of a dragon," Kiyohime answered calmly, but her usual smile was not on her face. Even more than that, the girl closed her fan, after which she looked into Assassin's eyes.