Chapter 83

"So" - The Demon King named Aim practically gritted his teeth - it was only the lack of teeth in his current body that stopped him from actually doing it. Such a course of action was provoked after he heard a voice that he wanted to hear the least in the world.

"Hmm hmm hmm, what is this smell that I am smelling... Oh yes, this very particular vile smell, it is as if someone had just shit himself after their 'miraculous', 'brilliant', and 'absolutely-can't-be-outsmarted' plan... failed"

"Shut the fuck up, Focalor!" - Even though Aim was barely on the cusp of a breakdown, it was not Aim who snapped first, but Astaroth. Of course it was only logical that Astaroth would be the one with the least amount of patience for Focalor's needling. As the creator of the plan and the chosen observer of the entire operation, he was the one who is most sick of hearing Focalor's barbs- "Or I swear by my King, that I'll send you straight to rebirth!"

"Well, at least I'll be able to be reborn!" - Focalor spat back in Astaroth's face - "Not like Balam and Beleth, apparently, no... Oh, oh, how could such a thing happen, and who is to blame..."

"Your parents clearly failed in disciplining you if you still haven't learned to keep your mouth shut!" Belial exploded at Focalor who kept running his mouth - "We already lost two of our colleagues, and, what's worse, only finding it out when we had received a last signal from them. So, maybe, rather than yapping on and on you instead shut up and start thinking on a course of action, and not just blabber on?!"

"I already gave you my plan!" - Focalor gladly replied with as loud a voice as possible - "Did you already forgot? From the very beginning we had two plans. One is us arranging the Singularity in such a way to force the enemy to go through a bunch of 'coincidental' fights and encounters that only an idiot will not see through to figure out their abilities and possible weaknesses. Finally after these confrontations kill them, somehow. And the second one, my plan... Oh, it was basically to do the same thing, only without any unnecessary steps. Without arranging any 'coincidental' encounters, without having the Grail fall into the hands of the enemy. And lastly, and most important of all, not playing a strange game of giveaways and just nuking the enemy straight to hell! "

"We acted quietly so as not to give up our presence to the enemy" - Aim tried to object calmly to the now shouting Focalor.

" Oh wow, what a great idea! It must be so successful?!" - Focalor, however, did not buy the excuse even for a second - "Oh no, wait, the plan is shit and already two of us are dead, the Grail is lost and! we! know! nothing! about! the enemy!"

Each word of Focalor was pronounced with so much poison that it would be enough to kill the population of a couple of cities.

"Focalor, calm down, you shouting will not help us in any way." Aim tried his best to calm the fuming Demon King. "As it has become obvious now, the original plan needs to be changed - and changed quickly at that..." Aim was the first to admit his mistake.

"We still have the trump card!" - Astaroth exclaimed. Of course, it was still not easy for him to admit that, currently, the part of the plan that he had developed was rendered useless - "No one, not even this 'mythical' enemy, can withstand the power of the Ark of the Covenant!"

"And what will we do if it fails? Are you ready to die if you're wrong again?" - Focalor replied to Astaroth viciously.

"You didn't do a damn thing in this Singularity!" - Belial came to the aid of Astaroth - "It's easy not to make any mistakes if you do nothing!"

"So instead it's better to just die stupidly?" - Focalor then twisted his face into an appearance of mocking astonishment - " Oh what Wisdom! Such Great wisdom has just been revealed to me! Hurry up and gather everyone, Belial's overwhelming display of Wisdom is on display for everyone today!"