Chapter 75

Da Vinci sipped the steaming tea from her cup with pleasure while looking at her notes.

Ainz, Cainabel, Baal, the incineration of humanity, the Grail, Data crystals and much, much more.

It is amazing how she was able to gather such a massive amount of information within such a short amount of time. If she were to publish what she found out in the Mage Association she would probably be hailed as one of the greatest geniuses of the age, not that she isn't one already. While the information contained within is not strictly a result of rigorous experimentations, the information that is revealed by her interaction with Ainz would break generation-held truths. However, for the same reason, Da Vinci herself would not do such a thing lest she found herself easily accused of heresy, a magical heretic, what a joke. No matter how strange it may sound, a group of people searching for the way to reach the Root of all things are also, paradoxically, very conservative. While she won't be burned at the stake, at best she would be censured, at worst a Sealing Designation.

No, while it's not true that the leadership of the Mage Association consists of only people that were of such stupidity, greed, arrogance, smugness, stubbornness, narrow-mindedness, and bull-headedness that they would censure ground-breaking discovery, although they most certainly display some of these characteristics. But still, the information that Da vinci had managed to discover was so revolutionary that even with all her genius she cannot fully envision the consequences of divulging what she had learned.

What will the discovery of "anti-spirititons," a variant of antimatter for mana, lead to? How far will the Magi go in search of more information, should it be revealed to them that even the Root itself was not the final instance of existence? What will it do to the balance of power when it is revealed that the two unrivaled existences on Earth, Alaya and Gaia, have something that can compete with them on Earth? Oh, the spectacles that would unfold were she to divulge such revolutionary discoveries were...

Great.

Of course terrifying as well, but still, great beyond measure.

The fact that Da Vinci, a person capable of using her genius intellect for something other than unravelling the great mysteries of magic and scientific problems, albeit infrequently, was not capable of fully envisioning the consequences meant that the information she discovered was that revolutionary. And this great genius was only able to collate such word-rending discoveries, discoveries that would turn the whole modern theory of magic on its head into reams of papers scattered around in her Workshop in a barely coherent mess. Not to mention the fact that on each page rather than neatly written notes on her discovery it was filled with hastily written notes filled with scribbles on its margin. The mess of information on each page is so unreadable that no one other than Da Vinci herself could understand what's written on it

Da Vinci, sipping tea, looked at another page scattered around her, after a few seconds she wrote several corrections and wrote it to the level of absolute unreadability, after which she sighed and placed her teacup down.

What a strange situation...

She was like the explorers of old, like Magellan or Columbus, men who staked their life in their search for discovery and prestige. Of course unlike those explorers she had no reassurance that she wouldn't simply fall to the abyss in her search for the truth. There are no stars to guide her path, no previous explorers that could show her the way, and no assurance that she had reached her destination at all.

It was like assembling a puzzle with thousands of small pieces. Except it's even worse than that, the puzzle has no definite picture it could make up, there are even various 'correct' configurations for the puzzle and no indication which one is the 'right' one. What's worse is that Da vinci didn't possess all the pieces of the puzzle, with bits of additional puzzle pieces given out by various individuals and not all at the same time. With all the pieces she has managed to collect and figure out she could only manage to create, at best a simple sketch of the full picture, at worst, barely a framework. In other words, it was an unanswerable riddle.