Chapter 123

It took Ainz only one day in the Singularity to almost solve it. Ainz, and his Servants, discounting Singularity F, seemed to have solved the Singularity in record time. Though with Da Vinci unexpectedly among the latter, perhaps it is to be expected.

Although Roman was a little lonely with Da Vinci's absence, at the same time Roman could not help but rejoice at such a turn of events. Well, he should savor it while it lasts, according to the general decision of the inhabitants of Chaldea - and the Chief's - he shouldn't expect it to happen again anytime soon.

It's not that Roman did not enjoy Da Vinci's company, as eclectic as it might be, it's just that her experiments are not exactly good for the heart. Da Vinci sometimes could go too far with her experiment... okay, she pretty much goes too 'far' with all of them, and Roman doesn't particularly enjoy the experience. While she handled all the out of control results before any of the staff or Servants even had time to feel what had happened, the blaring warnings going out in the command center meant he had the unwanted privilege of having a front row seat to any possible mishap. At least Da Vinci had handled everything so far perfectly before her experiment could destroy the last remnants of life on the planet... at least judging by the fact that Chaldea still continued to stand. While Roman strongly believed that Da Vinci, if she made mistakes, could still competently control them, it doesn't mean that he enjoyed exercising his heart that way.

No, the fact that, with Da Vinci happily gallivanting on the front line, Roman finally had some free time! With Da Vinci shouldering the most exhausting and yet most important function of Chaldea right now, observing Ainz's actions and progress, Roman was able to convince the Chief that there's nothing more they can do with the fog obscuring everything and convinced her and the rest of the staff to take a break.

Thanks to which, right now, rather than having to sit in dread and fear over Ainz somehow failing, or having his grasp of reality thinning with Ainz's every action, Roman was allowed to spend his time doing his favorite thing! Right now Roman felt pure, unclouded happiness pouring into his mind.

"Raise your hands to the top those who want to hear the new song of Magi Mari!" - Roman could hardly restrain himself. With his headphones resounding with the cutest voice of the most charming of all young idols. With Magi Mari calling him, he almost jumped up with a cry 'Me! Me!', only the risk of the Chief walking in on him prevented him from jumping and shouting in joy. Roman didn't think the Chief would be particularly understanding nor lenient with his punishment. Still, even with the threat of the Chief finding out, it only made him frown, maybe fidget a little in his chair with his anticipation of the concert drowning out the terror.

Definitely, the chief would definitely not forgive him using equipment designed to observe the Singularities as a giant projector, or him watching his favorite idol, or him being distracted during his work, let's just say that if the Chief discovered him he's screwed. Although, he would argue, it's not like there's anything that he could do, other than taking a nap that is, and Roman has an inkling that he would also be punished if he were caught doing that too.

Anyway, as Ainz himself had proved, he could cope with any problem that arose in the Singularity on his own. And, given that Da Vinci herself was now by his side, even if for some reason Ainz experienced some difficulties with the situation in the Singularity Da Vinci would handle it. Chaldea absolutely couldn't help him with any problem he might encounter even with Da Vinci around, even less now that she's not here.

In other words, to be honest, all the inhabitants of Chaldea could do with what happens in the Singularity is to watch Ainz's adventure and exploits, like a particularly good TV show. On another note, one of Roman's principal jobs is to record the happenings in the Singularity. The recordings would then be watched by the other inhabitants of Chaldea that were too busy to watch it live or to any other staff who wanted to watch it again.