Chapter 162

Finding Angrboda was easy, especially for someone with his skills... Then again, one would need to be both blind and deaf to miss the gigantic figure, especially when she was accompanying the two-stories tall Bunyan around. Perhaps if she was actually trying to hide?

No, with Bunyan's monstrously large figure, that towered even above the level of the single-story buildings around her, it would be quite the challenge to actually miss her. And to think that it was one of the smaller variations of Bunyan. If she had actually been walking around an empty field, the Bunyan then would have easily reached the height of the mountains surrounding it. Of course, the Servants had no idea why Thomas Edison had chosen the Bunyan as his secret weapon, or how exactly he planned to use her as a secret weapon... But the idea that Bunyan was a weapon one way or another did make perfect sense to the Servant.

Anyway, that was enough time spent on a distraction, they needed to finish their job. The Servant had easily found Angrboda, along with Karna and Bunyan, walking through the streets of the city.

That is to say, that they had finished the work they were supposed to do. Unlike Blavatsky, who had gone in search of the missing Demon Kings, nothing else was required of them, and so that's their mission accomplished. They should have already started their journey back to Edison right now.

Or rather, that's what they would have been doing, if not for what is going on right now.

The Servant froze, like prey in front of a predator, as they looked at Angrboda, who had suddenly stopped and was looking straight at them.

It was something impossible.

Although they were not an Assassin and therefore did not possess the skill, Presence Concealment, the passive effect of their Noble Phantasm was supposed to be perfectly suited for him to serve as a scout and a spy. Their quite unique Noble Phantasm made them a faceless individual, by staying among the crowds, they could easily observe their target even when close by, all while remaining unnoticed. Though saying that, the streets were deserted since nobody wants to get in the way of the giant Bunyan, but still, they should still be invisible right now! In other words... Why was Angrboda looking straight at them!?

"Your attempt at hiding is laughable, human," Angrboda said with all the ineffable hatred she possessed against the species. All of this hatred was directed directly at the Servant before Angrboda, who, if their Noble Phantasm was working as it should, only looked like the most ordinary of humans. "You have but three seconds to make it clear exactly why you are here and what you want. Or else."

"Um, Mom..." Bunyan's voice, terrifyingly loud fitting her size, echoed down the street as Bunyan herself tried to look for whoever Angrboda was addressing, seeing only an empty street before her eyes, completely bereft of anyone Angrboda could be talking to. "There's no one there..."

"One... " Ignoring Bunyan's words and looking directly into the eyes of the invisible Servant, Angrboda unfolded one finger from her clenched fist.

"Hmm..." Karna wasn't sure exactly how he should address the Servant leading him, she had never introduced herself to him in any other way than as his mother. Which was, of course, impossible for him to do, he has only one mother after all. No matter how he sees it, his eyes could not see who Angrboda was addressing either. But, unlike Angrboda and Bunyan, he was aware that Edison had two other Servants in addition to him, Tesla and Blavatsky. And, knowing that one of these Servants were capable of invisibility, he was somewhat worried about the current situation.

Seeing that, it's possible that one of his coworkers might just die for no reason, Karna interjected. "Miss, I beg you..."

"Two". Angrboda ignored the words of the Servants around her and never shifted her gaze from Archer, the Servant opposite her, who had tried to maintain invisibility until now. The fact that Angrboda had kept on moving her eyes to wherever they were moving, the Servant concluded that Angrboda was not bluffing. No, the Servant whom Edison had designated as the target of his search - and subsequently, quite possibly, of killing, could indeed see through their invisibility.