Chapter 87

Medusa slowly rose from her bed,taking her time to examine her surroundings.

Medusa is quite surprised to find herself alone, lately it has become unusual for her to wake up alone in bed.... not in that way of course. Her sisters, Euryale and Stheno, are almost quite literally attached at her hips during all her free time - and thanks to their efforts, all of Medusa's time is free time.

No, of course, Medusa was happy to spend time with her sisters again, to be with them... But, if she has one complaint... She is quite unhappy with the fact that the reason why her sisters suddenly became so interested in spending time with their youngest was not exactly the one Medusa would have liked.

Indeed, her sisters preferred now to spend every night being held in the arms of Medusa - each night spent hugging her and telling her how dear she was to them.

On the other hand, spending time wool gathering on that again seemed like a meaningless activity. The best thing she could get out of it would be to plunge herself into a long period of self-reflection about her life, her relationship with her sisters, what had happened to them, and about Ainz. Of course, she would only be wasting her time as she would do it without finding any answers.

Therefore, shaking her head to clear her mind, Medusa exhaled and looked around again.

Perhaps this was primarily caused by their fear of Ainz, but... Medusa would like to think that it was not the main reason for their current behavior. Or at least not the only one...

In any case, it has become unusual for Medusa to be alone lately. For example, while her Master, Ainz was in Chaldea, the only time that her sisters left Medusa alone was when Ainz was with Medusa herself. Barring this occurrence Euryale and Stheno did not leave Medusa at all.

However, as soon as Ainz had left for the Singularity, her sisters, finding strength and reassurance in the fact that Master was out of reach for an indefinitely long period managed to overcome their fear of him and go on a tour of Chaldea. Indeed, a week has passed since their summoning and yet the only place in which they have ever been in is Medusa's room. They haven't even been in the Cafeteria, never even tried Archer's cooking, which, in Medusa's opinion, was an extremely sad thing to happen to anyone. With the blessing of Medusa herself, at the moment, Euryale and Stheno set off to correct this grave mistake.

Medusa finally rises from her bed and stretches a little - not for any actual real benefit, but solely because of her rather complacent mood.

Chaldea, despite being such an important place and the more than significant crisis in which she was currently involved in solving, was a surprisingly boring place. At the very least as soon as anyone stayed in it for more than a few days without having any jobs to do.

Of course, in Chaldea, there were many interesting places and activities to waste time in - lounges filled with lots of computers, board games, billiards, a small tennis court... Even a beauty salon - which sadly at the moment, however, is seriously understaffed. There's also the pool, sauna, bar, the training grounds...

And there are actually many more places in Chaldeato to spend time relaxing in, sadly some of them are defunct at the moment. Many parts of Chaldea were not functioning at all at the moment, by the decision of the chief, they were powered off to save the energy of Chaldea's Core. Barring any change, what was available for relaxation was useless for a loner like Medusa. Perhaps, if the Master is here...

Medusa imagined it for a moment, after which she rejected these thoughts. Of course, perhaps she would like to spend time with Ainz, play billiard with him, or maybe share a drink at the bar. Sadly she doesn't think that Ainz would like to and she was not selfish enough that she would demand something like that from Ainz. Even if she would not mind...