Chapter 115

While slowly going down the slightly cluttered stairs leading to the the vaults of the Mage's Association, Leonardo Da Vinci, as befits the greatest genius of all times and peoples, was currently engaged in such a number of things that it would be difficult enough for an ordinary person to even list, let alone do it.

There are a lot of conjectures - some from the still not disappearing and, perhaps, now forever settled in the mind of Da Vinci, reflections about who Ainz was. The previous two hundred and seventy-two theories have already been discarded. And, judging by the direction of Da Vinci's current thoughts, two more would soon join the discarded pile.

Then there are some idle thoughts about whether Da Vinci should have amused her pride by challenging Archer to a culinary duel or not.

She's also committing a lot of observations, Da Vinci's careful gaze noted the hundreds of details along her way down the vault. From the composition of the underground soil of London, though she has to admit without some specialized equipment it is quite inaccurate, with an error tolerance of about two percent. All the way to the manner with which Jekyll preferred to step carefully on the steps in front of him despite the fact that he could perfectly see quite well in the fairly well-lit stairwell.

Along with many other side activities. From a hand restlessly reaching for a piece of paper, wishing, as if without the knowledge of its mistress, to start sketching the surrounding tunnels. To an involuntary reaction to the sound of a stone crumbling nearby trying to get her feet tangled in her desire to investigate.

Oh yes, Da Vinci was currently incredibly aroused!

Not sexually, well... not anything sexual strictly speaking. Da Vinci herself did not really remember the last time she experienced sexual arousal. Yet, with her eternal craving for exploration, reflection and action - as well as excellent control of her own body and libido - she has not thought of anything so mundane for a long time. Although this did not mean that she would shy away from such thoughts.

Da Vinci was incredibly excited by the prospects that have now opened up to her!

Living in Chaldea was a measured existence, suitable for someone as thoughtful and calm as Da Vinci. But still horribly boring - completely unsuitable for someone as active as Da Vinci.

And although Da Vinci was certainly grateful to Olga for giving her a place in Chaldea and Chaldea itself for the long, quiet time in it's halls. The Singularity, action and the complexity of the task that arose before her made Da Vinci rejoice much more.

Or, to put it even simply. Da Vinci was simply happy to do anything at the moment that required her to take practical action, and not just theoretical inventions and theorization.

Therefore, in the end, no one in their right mind could fault Da Vinci for not seeing the ambush. In the end, her mind was already overwhelmed, her attention was divided, and the ambush that was created was certainly executed at the highest level of stealth.

However, one cannot forget that Leonardo Da Vinci - the genius of geniuses - was certainly a genius. And therefore her step stopped even before even the vaunted Instinct of Arthuria - and, let's say, a certain Saber, warned them about the ambush.

"Stop", - Da Vinci raised her hand at the top, and then glanced at the underground tunnel going forward, dimly sparkling with electric lamps burning not far away.

According to the command, Arthuria instantly stopped - after which Jekyll and Saber followed suit, immediately paying attention to Da Vinci.

Da Vinci, however, did not answer, instead turning her attention to a near and completely inconspicuous section of the wall.