Chapter 134

Mashu felt her irritation, locked in her chest, trying to break free. But, unable to cope with the pressure of the situation, it remained locked inside, forcing Mashu to desperately seek a new avenue of attacking her enemy. The King of Kings was not an enemy where such a distraction would not cause her to die instantly.

Jack was extremely fast, definitely faster than Mashu or Jalter. It was in a blink of an eye, and she was already behind the back of the enemy, the King of Kings. But as she raised her daggers to attack, dozens, no hundreds of magic arrows eviscerated her small body. Instantly turning the Servant into nothing more than torn flesh and clouds of blood.

Jalter rushed forward, arriving in front of the enemy only a moment behind Jack. The blade flashing in her hands could strike terror into a dozen Servants in her path, but to the King of Kings Jalter might as well be swinging a particularly large cucumber. Just as Jack's attack didn't even seem to attract the King's attention, so did Jalter's attack was summarily ignored. Not that her blade reached the King.

A moment later, dozens of spears emerged from the ground, seeking to skewer Jalter's body. Was the King's attack some kind of magic or an ability that automatically defended him? Alas, Mashu was not in a position to indulge in such idle thought about the matter. She watched as the spears forced Jalter to dodge to the side. Only to now be in the path of a ring of light that seeks to destroy her in her unbalanced state.

The ring of light unfurled, turning into a dozen rays of destruction, cutting through stone and metal on its way with the same ease as it would cut flesh.

Mashu was not idle. She was in the path of attack a second before it could hit the out of position Jalter. But still, even her steady shield could not hold back the full strength of the King of Kings.

Crashing into the shield like a swarm of angry wasps, some of the target-seeking attacks slid easily past Mashu's shield, bypassing her shield entirely, before crashing into Mashu's body. Only Ainz's spells prevented her from dying instantly.

Mashu wanted to scream in pain, but the pain and the weight she's feeling on her shield did not give her even the leeway to do such a small thing.

'Hold on, Mashu, just hold on!'

Mashu was not sure who said these words - her or Galahad's, but she tried to fulfill them, continuing to hold her shield upright with all her strength.

The King was not interested in Mashu's thoughts, he did not even shift his gaze to note her presence.

Jalter took the opportunity that Mashu had provided with an incredible cost to herself, and she swung her sword towards the King of Kings. Before her blade could even reach, countless chains wrapped around Jalter's body tightly, disallowing even the smallest bit of movement. She was thrown aside like yesterday's garbage through the air, crumpling into a heap as she struck the walls of the cave.

The King merely watched the fallen body of the Servant in dissatisfaction, continuing to silently observe the actions of the Servants in front of him. With Jack dead and Jalter incapacitated, only Mashu and Fran was left.

Fran barely managed to take one more step towards the enemy before a gout of flames engulfed her. Even from behind her shield, Mashu could feel the overwhelming heat from the lick of flames that had consumed Fran completely.

With a blast of electricity, Fran freed herself from the white-hot fires. With a bestial roar, Fran leaped towards the King of Kings and swung her mace.

Galvanism, the ability to harness and convert any magic into electricity with the power of science, belonged not only to Tesla.

However, the King was not even paying any notice to Fran's attack. As Fran descended to land her attack, a maw opened under her feet. The opening swallowed Fran whole before she could finish her attack.