The Beginning Part 1

Author's Note:
This is my first fanfic ever, so please be gentle with me. I'm creating this fanfic just for fun. Thank you in advance to anyone that takes the time to read this.

I do not own or claim to own the Supernatural show storyline & any of the characters from the show. I do however claim to own the character I created Ella Winchester(aka Isabella Mary Hope Winchester) and any other new characters I created specifically in my Light in the Darkness Supernatural fanfic that are not originally from the Supernatural show. I am just making this fanfic for fun. I am also making it for others to read and enjoy. This is what I imagine it would be like if Dean and Sam had a little sister.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Beginning

November 2
22 years ago
Lawrence, Kansas at night

Little six month old Sam Winchester is in his crib. He looks up at his baby mobile in his nursery. His mother Mary Winchester and his older brother Dean walk into the room to say good night. Mary turns on the lights.

"Goodnight love." She kisses Sam on the forehead.

Then she turns to Dean and says,"Say goodnight to your little brother."

"Night Sam." Little Dean kisses Sam.

Then Dean turns to his mother and puts his little hand on her belly and says, "Night new baby."

Mary smiles then John Winchester enters the room with a big grin on his face.

John says,"Hey Dean."

Dean turns and runs towards John yelling,"Daddy!"

"Hey buddy, so what do you think? You think Sammy's ready to toss around a football yet?" John says while scooping Dean up into his arms.

Dean laughs and shakes his head while saying,"No, daddy."

"No football yet. Hey Dean what do you think the new baby is going to be? A boy? or girl? New little sister or a new little brother?" John asks while looking at Dean's little face.

Dean smiles and laughs,"I don't know daddy."

John laughs and says," Mary I have a strong feeling it's going to be a girl. How about the name Isabella?"

Mary smirks cocks an eyebrow and says,"But John what if it's a boy?"

"I have a strong gut feeling about this Mary. I know we're going to have a little girl. How about you Dean you like the name Isabella?"

"I like Ella." Dean said with a smile on his face.

Mary watches them with a big smile on her face.

She rubs her belly and whispers, "We all can't wait to meet you, love."

John and Mary look at each other with big smiles on their faces. Then Mary walks by John and Dean asking,"You got him?"

John smiles, nods and answers, "I got him."

John hugs Dean and says,"Sweet dreams, Sam."

As John carries Dean out of the room he turns off the lights.

Mary wakes up to the strange sounds coming from the baby monitor. She gets up and turns on the bedside table light and notices John is not in bed. She walks down the hallway to the nursery to check on Sam. When she gets to the nursery she sees John's silhouette standing over Sam's little crib.

Mary rubs the sleep out of her eyes and says, "John? Is he hungry?"

John turns his head and says, "Shush."

Mary replies quietly,"All right."

As she heads back down the hallway the light by the stairs is flickering. She goes and taps on the light until it goes back to normal.

Then she notices a flickering light from the T.V downstairs. Mary goes down to check it out. She sees a war movie playing on the T.V and John is fast asleep in his reclining chair. Her eyes go open wide in shock realizing that John is not upstairs in Sam's room. She fears that Sam is in danger and sprints back upstairs while saying,"Sammy. Sammy!"

When she gets to his nursery her screams could be heard from downstairs. John wakes up in a panic yelling, "Mary!"

He runs upstairs and enters Sam's nursery, but Mary isn't around. As he stands by Sam he sees a red drop appear near Sam's head. When he reaches out to touch it with his finger another drop from above falls on his hand. He looks up to see where it's coming from. His eyes open wide in shock to see Mary on the ceiling bleeding from a large cut on her abdomen. He yells, "Mary NO!"

Then Mary bursts into flames and the fire spreads consuming the ceiling. John looks up in horror. He hears Sam cry and grabs Sam out of the crib.

Dean wakes up and runs to Sam's nursery to find out what's going on. When he enters the nursery he yells,"Daddy!"

John rushes over to Dean places Sam in his arms and says,"Take your brother outside as fast as you can and don't look back! Now, Dean, GO!"

Dean doesn't hesitate he holds on to baby Sam and runs out of the room.

John looks up at the ceiling and he can't even see Mary anymore only flames. He yells,"No!" as tears stream down his face.

Little Dean is outside holding on to baby Sam. Dean looks up at the burning nursery room. Then he looks back Sam and says,"It's okay Sammy."

John runs outside; picks up Dean and Sam so they can get a safe distance away from the fire. Then the fire explodes out of Sam's nursery window.