Bugs 3

I followed behind my brothers as we walked over to the house that was hosting the new buyers BBQ. The delicious aromas from the barbecue filled the air and was getting stronger with each step we took towards the front door. I bit my lip and shook my head trying to ignore my growling stomach. I just wanted to stay focused on this case and figure out what killed Dustin.

I looked around observing the neighborhood. It seemed like a nice place, but it kinda resembled one of those small towns you see in a horror movie like The Stepford Wives or a creepy episode of the Twilight Zone. I can already hear the narrator in my head saying, 'It was just a quaint and small town where nothing ever happened until...'

All I'm saying is that in a horror movie something horrific always happens to the nice little town. Which usually results in it  becoming a place everyone wants to run and scream to escape from whatever is terrorizing the nice townspeople.

Ever since my brothers and I entered this Oasis Plains neighborhood I've been a little on edge. This place makes me feel weird, like something really bad is gonna happen, almost like we shouldn't be here. I don't know why I'm feeling like this, maybe it's because of the nightmare I had. All I know is I'll be very happy once we're done with this case and driving far, far away from this freaky neighborhood.

"This place seems nice..... a little too nice if you know what I mean."I said while looking around suspiciously for anything out of the ordinary.

"Actually, I don't know what you mean?"Sam said with a confused expression on his face.

"Seriously Sammy, look around, I've seen plenty of horror movies that start out exactly like this."I answered in a serious tone while staring at him.

"A horror movie really?"Sam asked in disbelief with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, you see it starts off all nice and calm, but when we least expect it.... Bam! We're surrounded by creepy people who are all dressed the same and they're all chanting... Become one of us, one of us, one of us, give us your brains!"I said while walking like a zombie towards him.

Dean chuckled and shook his head.

Sam smiled while saying,"I think you've watched way too many horror movies Ella."

"And I think you haven't watched enough, seriously it could come true, especially with the things we know."I said while looking at him.

"It could happen."Dean said while looking back at Sam and I.

"See Sammy, even Dee believes it's possible."I said with a giant smirk.

"Yeah, I guess."Sam said while shrugging his shoulders.

"You know grown' up in a place like this would freak me out."Dean said while looking around the neighborhood.

"Yeah, me too."I said while nodding my head in agreement, because I knew exactly what Dean meant.

"Why?"Sam asked sounding confused while looking at Dean and I.

"Well manicured lawns, how was your day honey? I'd blow my brains out."Dean replied while looking at Sam and I.

"There's nothing wrong with normal."Sam said while shaking his head.

"I'd take our family over normal any day."Dean said while putting an arm around my shoulder as we continued to walk up to the front door of the house.

"Yeah, I'd choose our family too, besides normal is highly overrated."I said with a smile while looking up at Dean.

"That's my girl."Dean said with a smile while looking at me like a proud father.