Home 8

I leaned against the Impala next to Sammy, and yawned while rubbing my eyes. The sun was brightly shining in the sky practically screaming good morning and all I wanted to do was go to sleep. I felt so exhausted and couldn't help, but yawn again while putting a hand over my mouth. What can I say it was a long night, and fighting the friggin' poltergeist took a lot out of me.

I stretched my arms out and felt a sharp, stinging pain from the upper part of my right arm. I gritted my teeth and carefully put my arm down, so I wouldn't draw any attention to myself. I just didn't want anyone to worry about me, especially my brothers. When no one was looking in my direction I glanced down at my right arm and saw a slight cut that went through my leather jacket. That's when I realized it was the same area where the extremely sharp butcher knife managed to graze me.

I wanted to assess the damage, so I slowly started to pull my arm out of the sleeve, but half way through the process my cut rubbed up against the inside of my jacket causing a horrific sharp pain to shoot through my arm. I bit my lip hard to stifle my whimper and decided against taking my arm out of the jacket, so I wouldn't aggravate it any further. I cautiously put my arm back into the sleeve and right when I was done my cut managed to rub up against the fabric of the jacket again. The sharp pain felt a whole lot worse this time. It literally felt like a red hot poker was pressed up against my arm. I couldn't help, but hiss in pain, which instantly caught Sam and Dean's attention. They both turned towards me with concern plastered all over their faces.

"You okay Ella?"Sam asked sounding worried while staring at me with his brow furrowed.

"Uh, yeah, it's nothing a little sleep won't take care of." I answered with a slight smile to cover up my pain, so I could reassure my brothers that I was okay.

I think more than anything I was trying to convince myself that I was fine. I just wanted to believe that the cut on my arm wasn't that bad, at least that's what I hoped. I mean it throbbed a little, was tender to the touch and seemed to get a lot worse when ever I tried to move it, but I was too tired for this right now. I planned on cleaning it up and putting a bandage on it later when we got to a motel.

I didn't want to cry or do anything that would instantly get me a one way trip to a hospital, because I really hate going to those places for so many reasons such as: It smells funny, like disinfectant, the food taste disgusting, you have to wear a freaking hospital gown that doesn't even close in the back; making you feel every single draft, sometimes the nurses and doctors are grumpy from working long shifts. That's understandable I'd be grumpy too if I were in their shoes, but who wants a grumpy doctor or nurse that's fully equipped with thousands of sharp, pointy needles in various shapes & sizes? I sure as hell don't.

I rather just do my own first aid or have my brothers help me. I mean at least with Sam and Dean I get to eat something chocolatey as a delicious distraction while getting patched up. Ever since we were little that's just how our system worked, so why change it now. I took a deep breath as I internally told myself that I'm not a baby and this little, itty, bitty cut was nothing I couldn't handle.

Suddenly I was snapped out of my inner rant by Dean and Sam waving their hands in front of my face.

"Are you sure you're okay?"Dean asked while staring at me suspiciously.

"You look kinda out of it Ella."Sam added with a worried expression.

"Yeah, don't worry guys, and it shouldn't be a big surprise that I look out of it, since we pulled a freaking all-nighter on this case, I'm just sleepy, that's all...."I explained with a grin in an attempt at reassuring them that I was just fine. There was no way I was gonna let a little cut keep me down.