Home 10

Dean's P.O.V

Missouri just finished tellin' Sammy and I about El's whole Haley Joel, Sixth sense experience with the ghost of Jenny's deceased husband Jack. The first question that popped into my head was, Why in the hell didn't El tell us herself?

I looked over at her and saw that she was in deep conversation with Jenny. I started to get worried when I saw El anxiously biting her nails as a nervous expression went across her face. Then her eyes welled up with tears threatening to spill over at any moment. I knew something was wrong with my little sister and everything within me was screaming to get over there now, but before I could take one step towards her, Missouri quickly stood in front of me; completely blocking my way while saying, "I can't let you do that Dean."

"Well, I'm not lettin' you stop me, I'm goin' to El now."I harshly said while trying to walk around her, but she just kept blocking my way. Which only further annoyed the hell out of me.

"No."Missouri objected in a stern voice as she shook her head.

"No? What do you mean by no?!"I questioned through gritted teeth while narrowing my eyes at her.

"Yeah, what's goin' on with Ella?"Sam asked with concern plastered on his face.

"You two can't talk to her right now..."Missouri replied with her brow furrowed.

"So, you're keepin' us from talking to our little sister?!"I yelled while glaring at Missouri. I was beyond pissed and ready to charge over to El's side. There was no way I was gonna let anyone, even Missouri stand in my way.

"Listen, I know you're angry Dean, but you have to understand that Ella is busy right now helping Jack..."Missouri began to explain but I interrupted.

"You mean helpin' Casper, the so called friendly ghost."I scoffed at her while rolling my eyes.

"You need to calm down, and let me explain."Missouri stated while staring me down.

"Calm down, like hell I'll calm down!"I snapped at Missouri loudly. Then I stared at her like she had completely lost her friggin' mind, because how in the hell could she expect me to remain calm when I could clearly see El on the verge of tears. I just wanted to go over there, find out what was wrong and fix it. I don't like seeing El cry and I'll do anything to keep a smile on my her face.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Sam pleading,"Dean please, let's just hear her out."

I clenched my jaw while glaring at Missouri. Then I looked at Sam and sighed in frustration.

"Fine..."I said through gritted teeth while rolling my eyes.

"All right, Let's start with why didn't El tell us about Jack the moment she first saw em', huh?"I asked impatiently while staring at Missouri with my eyebrow raised.

"She was scared and didn't want you and Sam to worry about her."Missouri answered while looking at me and Sammy.

I hated hearing that El was scared. It's my job to protect her, make her feel safe even in this crazy life we live; I try my best to make damn sure she's okay. Just finding out now that she felt scared made me feel like I failed her. How could she not think to come and tell me or Sammy about Jack? Who cares if we get worried, we're not strangers, we're her family.

"I'm her big brother it's my job to worry about her. I don't want her to keep her lips sealed about what she sees or senses just so she could spare us from being worried about her, I feel more worried when she doesn't tell us a damn thing!"I exclaimed in frustration while staring at Missouri. More than anything I just wanted El to know that I'll always be there for her and help her through this no matter what.