Hook Man 3

On the drive over to the church I showed Dean and Sam the drawing I had done earlier of a the five crosses on a medallion. We knew that my drawing probably had something to do with this case, but we just didn't know what that something was yet. My brothers reassured me that we'd figure this out just like we always do. As we drove up to the big white church I looked out my window and noticed a dark figure by the entrance. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things and when I looked back it was gone. I shrugged and thought it was probably nothing. At least that's what I hoped.

After Dean parked the car we entered the church through the back entrance. There was a mass going on and we could hear Reverend Sorensen say,"Our hearts go out to the family of a young man who perished, and my personal prayers of thanks go out as well, because I believe he died trying to protect my daughter.....and now as time heals all our wounds, we should reflect on what this tragedy means."

Then Dean slammed the door closed causing everyone to turn around. I hid behind my big brothers not wanting to be seen by all the people awkwardly staring at us.

I peaked out from behind Sam and saw everyone turn back to the Reverend as he began to say,"To us as a church, a community and as a family. The loss of a young person is particularly tragic. A life unlived is the saddest of passings."

We walked towards an empty pew in the back and sat down quietly not wanting to draw anymore attention to ourselves. I felt like someone was watching me, so I looked around and that's when I noticed a girl in the front row staring, but she wasn't staring at me, she was staring at Sam.

I leaned towards him and whispered in a teasing tone,"I think she likes you Sammy."

"Ella shush, quit it."Sam whispered while looking forward. I couldn't help, but smirk when I noticed that the girl kept staring at him.

"So, please let us pray, for peace, for guidance and for the power to protect our children."Reverend Sorensen said as he closed his eyes and bowed his head. Everyone else bowed their heads and began to pray too.

I bowed my head and closed my eyes, then I heard Sam move in his seat. I opened one of my eyes and peaked over to see Sam elbow Dean, because he wasn't bowing his head. I smirked then closed my eyes as I continued to pray. This kinda reminded me of the many times Dad would drop my brothers and I off at Pastor Jim's when we were little. I would get really worried about Dad wondering if he was gonna be okay, while he was out hunting. Pastor Jim taught me how to pray for his safety. Later when Sam and Dean were old enough to go with Dad. I would be left at Pastor Jim's and I would pray for Dad, Sam and Dean. It kind of stuck with me and had a way of calming me down when ever I was worried about them. I started to think about Dad and said a little prayer for him.

Then the mass ended and all the people started to head outside.

Dean, Sam and I exited the church along with everyone else. As we walked down the front steps I had a strong feeling that someone was watching me. At the corner of my eye I could see some sort of dark figure. I turned quickly to glance at it, but there was nothing there. I couldn't shake the horrible feeling that something was lurking around, watching almost like it was waiting to do something. It was seriously starting to creep me out, so I made sure to stay close to my brothers as we walked towards the girl from earlier who kept staring at Sam. The closer we got to her, the colder I felt.

"Are you Lori?"Sam asked as we approached the girl who kept staring at him in church.

"Yeah."She replied while looking at him.

"My name is Sam, this is my brother Dean and my sister Ella."Sam said introducing us to her.

"Hi."Dean said with a smile.