Asylum 5

The moment we walked into the South Wing I couldn't help, but shiver, because It literally felt like we entered a giant freezer. I didn't want to turn into a human sized Popsicle, so I quickly zipped up my black leather jacket to keep warm as I followed closely behind Dean and Sam.

I wondered if something ghostly caused the sudden drop in temperature. I didn't want to take any chances, so I cautiously looked around with my flashlight while gripping on tight to the iron knife in my front jacket pocket. Even though I didn't see anything, I wanted to be ready just in case. I mean, you can never be too careful, especially in a place as freaky as this.

With each step I took I carefully scanned the area for anything suspicious, but no matter where I looked there was nothing out of the ordinary. I should be relieved that the coast was clear, but I wasn't, because something didn't feel right... It's like ever since we entered this part of the Asylum I couldn't shake the eerie feeling that something was watching us. I wondered if it was hidden deep within the shadows; lurking in an area where I couldn't see...Or if I was just letting this creepy place get the best of me.

Internally I debated whether I should tell my brothers about this, but when I glanced over at them I shook my head to dismiss the thought. I just didn't know what to tell them, because technically I didn't see anything yet, so why worry them over nothing.

"El, let me know if you see any dead people."Dean said as he pulled out his home made EMF detector from his front jacket pocket and turned it on.

"Yeah, okay Dee."I replied while nodding my head like a bobble head toy.

"You too Haley Joel."Dean teased with a smirk while nudging Sam's arm.

"Dude enough."Sam snapped with an unamused look on his face.

"I'm serious, you two gotta be careful, all right? Ghosts are attracted to that whole ESP thing you both got goin' on."Dean stated as he glanced down at the EMF detector in his right hand.

"Hey, I told you, it's not ESP!"Sam objected loudly in frustration.

"I just have strange vibes sometimes, weird dreams..."Sam continued to explain.

"Yeah, whatever, don't ask, don't tell."Dean responded as we continued to walk further down the long corridor.

"Yours doesn't sound all that bad Sammy, I mean, it could be worse and you could be like me with the whole occasional conversations with things other people can't see... Which makes me sound completely insane and makes me wonder if we weren't hunters and I had my human EMF thingy would I've uh...been strapped into a straight jacket and locked up in a place like this...In a room with padded walls. Just the thought of that really freaks me out."I anxiously said while biting my nails as I looked at Sam and Dean.

"I'd never let that happen to you, Ella."Sammy reassured while staring at me with a concerned expression on his face.

"That's right, and if anyone ever tried they'd have to go through me first."Dean added in a serious tone with his brows furrowed.

"Thanks guys."I replied as a slight grin went across my lips.

"Sure."Sam responded with a smile.

"No prob, Squirt. Do you see anything?"Dean said while glancing over at me.

I shook my head and replied,"No, nothin' yet."

"You get any reading on that thing or not?"Sam asked while gesturing to the EMF reader in Dean's hand.

"Nope, of course, it doesn't mean no one's home."Dean answered while turning off his EMF reader and placing it back in his front jacket pocket.

"So, they're playing hide and seek?"I wondered curiously while glancing around. It seemed like the creepy feeling of being watched was getting stronger the further in we went.