Home 11

John Winchester's P.O.V

I received a voicemail message from Dean. He's left me messages before, but this one was different I could tell by the tone in his voice. He talked about how him, Sam and Ella were in Lawrence, Kansas, because there was something in our old house. They didn't know if it was the same thing that killed Mary and Ella.

As I listened to the message I couldn't help, but feel guilty for not being there for my kids. I knew I had to get there, so I drove over to Lawrence as fast as I could. The entire drive I just hoped that Dean, Sam and Ella were safe, until I could get there. I'm surprised I wasn't pulled over for speeding or for running through more red lights than I could count.

I did my best to train them, so they would be prepared to face these type of things. Even with all the training I put them through I still couldn't help, but worry about them. I already lost Mary and there was no way I was gonna lose my kids too, especially Ella. I can't lose my little girl, not again.

When I finally reached Lawrence I drove through the old neighborhood and stopped dead in my tracks when I heard the sound of a familiar engine. I quickly parked behind a big UPS truck, so I could go undetected as I watched the Impala drive away from the place I used to call home. Then I started up my engine and cautiously followed my kids from a safe distance, so they couldn't see me.

As much as I wanted to meet Dean, Sam and Ella face to face I knew it was too dangerous to do that right now. I didn't want to do anything to jeopardize their safety, so I remained hidden and continued to carefully trail behind them. I was surprised when they pulled up to Missouri's house. I parked a block away from them, hidden behind a tree. I pulled out my binoculars from my glove compartment and watched as they dropped Missouri off in front of her house. Then they waved goodbye to her and drove down the block.

Once the coast was clear I started up my truck and slowly pulled up to Missouri's. I parked across the street and made my way up to the front door of her house. Before I could even knock the door swung open. Missouri stood there in the door way and glared at me.

"I know why you're here John, come in."She said while opening the door wider, so I could enter.

I walked in and she closed the door behind me. Then she led me into the living room and we sat down on the couch. She explained about everything that had happened to my kids and the poltergeist that was in our old house. I was relieved to hear that they were okay and that it wasn't the same thing that had killed Mary and Ella.

"You should talk to your children, they're minds are so full of worried thoughts about you."Missouri stated while pointing at me.

"I know, but I can't..."I explained while shaking my head.

"I can call them for you, they only left a few minutes ago."Missouri suggested as she pulled out her cell phone from her pocket.

"No! They can't know I'm here."I snapped while standing up.

"But they deserve to know that you're okay..."Missouri began to say, but I interrupted.

"Look, thanks for helpin' my kids, but I gotta go."I said sternly while getting up from the couch.

"John wait..."She objected as I made a beeline for the exit.

I opened the door and heard her trying to call me back, so I could call my kids. I quickly shut the door behind me and left before she could say anything else. I just couldn't chance her calling Dean, Sam and Ella. I couldn't meet them, at least not until I found out the truth. I hopped back into my truck, and started up the engine. I turned on the radio and listened to, "Midnight Rider" by, "The Allman Brothers" as I made my way out of Lawrence.