Bugs 5

I took in my surrounding and realized that I was in the park in my lucid reoccurring dream. I walked towards the empty bench and wondered where Jane was. I shrugged and figured I'd see her next time.

As I took a step towards the bench a loud sickening crunch from under my shoes caught my attention. I glanced down and quickly took a step back, because I managed to step on some really big spiders. They were even bigger than Matt's pet tarantula and that thing was huge. I stared down at the spiders and noticed there was a trail of them going towards the trees behind me. I was curious and wondered where they were going, so I followed them.

After walking for a while I stopped at a fork in the road. I had two different dirt paths to chose from. On the left was a dark and creepy trail. On the right was a bright and sunny trail. It's just my luck that the spiders were going down the creepy side. I continued to followed them and kept my head down staring at spiders, so I wouldn't squish any of them again.

All of a sudden the dirt trail ended and a paved road began. I raised my head and saw that I was near the entrance to the Oasis Plains neighborhood.

"Great, not only do I get to experience this freaky place in real life, but I get to experience it in my dreams too, lucky me."I mumbled to myself sarcastically.

I glanced down at the trail of spiders and saw that they were going right in to the neighborhood. I've never seen spiders react like this before. I had a strong feeling that they were leading me to something important.

As I followed the spiders down the middle of the street I cautiously looked around. I was a little on edge, because there was literally no one here. I was kinda expecting a bunch of zombies to come jumping out at any minute.

Suddenly the spider trail ended in front of one of the houses. I walked up to the front door and knocked while saying,"Hello, do you wanna buy some girl scout cookies?!"

Then I heard a woman screaming from inside the house. I wanted to make sure she was okay, so I opened the door and ran inside. I frantically looked around and heard her screams coming from upstairs. I quickly sprinted up the stairs towards the screaming and realized it was coming from behind a closed door within the master bedroom. I grabbed the door nob and tried to open it, but it was locked.

"Are you okay? Can you hear me?!"I yelled while pounding the door with my fist.

I was getting anxious when I didn't get any response. I tried kicking in the door, but it still wouldn't budge. No matter what I did it just wouldn't open. Then I heard glass shattering from the other side of the door. She wasn't screaming anymore and I was left in an eerie silence.

The door slowly opened all by itself, while making a loud creek sound. I seriously felt like I was in a horror movie. I cautiously looked inside expecting to see a crime scene, but there was nothing here. It looked like just a normal bathroom. I didn't see any signs of the woman that was screaming or the glass I heard shatter a few moments ago.

Suddenly I heard a light tapping coming from within the shower. My curiosity was getting the best of me, so I entered the shower to get a closer look. The tapping sounded like it was coming from the other side of the wall. I knocked on the cold tile wall and that's when the glass shower door closed. I turned around and when I touched the glass door it started to crack. I pulled my hand back and watched as the glass cracked even more. It looked like it was about to break, so I quickly got as far away from it as I could. I crouched down in the corner and leaned against the wall. Right when it was about to break I turned away, closed my eyes and covered my head with my hands to protect myself. Then I heard the glass shatter all over the bathroom floor. When it finally became quiet I opened my eyes and stood up.