Bugs 6

On the drive over to the Pike's house I pulled out my journal and began drawing something new. I couldn't help wondering what it was gonna be this time.

Then my stomach growled and I smirked as I remembered the delicious candy I had secretly stashed away in my bag. I glanced over at Sam and saw that he was preoccupied with looking out the window. I took this as my chance to shoved a whole handful of chocolate covered gummy bears in to my mouth. I quickly hid my face behind my journal, because I didn't want Sammy to confiscate my candy stash again or worse replace it with healthy snacks. I looked down at my journal and continued to draw with a giant grin on my face, because the sugar was starting to kick in.

Suddenly I felt the car come to a complete stop and heard Dean turn off the engine. I set down my journal on the seat next to me while looking out the window. As I took in my surrounding I felt confused, because I thought we were going to the Pike's house to talk to Matt.

"Dee aren't we gonna talk to Matt? Why are we parked so far away from his house?"I asked while unbuckling my seat belt and leaning on the front seat in between my brothers.

"Check it out."Dean replied while pointing out the front window.

I looked out the window and saw Matt getting off the yellow school bus that was parked across the street.

My brothers and I watched as Matt stared to walk towards the woods which was weird, because he was going in the opposite direction from where he lived.

"Isn't his house that way?"Dean asked while pointing towards the Pike's house.

"Yup."Sam replied with a nod.

"So where's he going?"Dean asked while looking at Sam and I.

"Let's go find out."I said enthusiastically while opening the car door and getting out.

"El wait!"I heard Dean yell as I closed the car door shut.

I was fueled by sugar and my determination to prove that Matt was innocent.

I could hear my brothers getting out of the car as I quickly walked towards the path Matt had taken into the woods. I was about less than five feet away from the car when I was pulled back by my arm and turned around. I came face to face with a very angry Dean.

"Hello.... big brother."I said nervously with a giant toothy smile. I was hoping he wouldn't be too mad that I took off after Matt.

"El, how many times do I have to tell you not to run off? Matt could be dangerous."Dean said while glaring at me.

"But he's not Dee."I said while shaking my head.

"I'm serious, stay close okay."Dean said while staring at me. Then he started to lead the way in to the woods where Matt went.

"Okay, geez, overprotective much."I mumbled under my breath while walking behind him and Sammy.

We all followed Matt as he walked further into the woods down a dirt path. All of a sudden he stopped in front of a large tree and put his backpack on the ground. We watched as he picked up a giant grasshopper off one of the tree's branches. I wanted to get a closer look and took a step forward, but Dean pulled me back by my hood.

"El where do you think your goin'?"Dean asked quietly while staring at me with a serious look on his face.

"I wanna see the big grasshopper."I answered with a pout while looking up at Dean with my puppy dog eyes.

"No, not gonna happen, stay behind me."Dean ordered sounding kinda like Dad.

"You don't let me have any fun."I whined under my breath while crossing my arms over my chest.