Asylum 8

Ella's P.O.V

As I made my way through the main entrance of the clinic I noticed that just like outside, there was no one around. All the seats in the main lobby were empty. There was no one stationed at the reception desk. It was like walking through a ghost town and to make matters worse it was so freaking quiet. The only sound I could hear was the echo of my footsteps as my boots hit the tiled floor. This was way too weird, there had to be people around here somewhere.

"Seriously, where did everybody go? I mean, it's not like everyone up and disappeared all at the same time."I grumbled as I continued to inspect the lobby for any signs of life.

My plan was to check this place out from top to bottom. I didn't care if I had to tear this place apart, I was gonna find my brothers. My first stop was gonna be, Dr. James Ellicott's office and see if Sammy was there. I figured since it's the last place I seen him go to before I fell asleep that maybe he was still there now. I hoped Dean was there too, because if he wasn't, where the heck did he go?...

My breathing picked up along with my heart beat as I thought about where my brothers could be. I couldn't help thinking something was wrong...I took a deep breath to calm my nerves as I continued to walk towards the elevators on the right side of the lobby.

When I reached the elevators I glanced over to the right and quickly read the, Building Directory sign. I seen that Dr. J Ellicott's office was on the 3rd floor, but when I read the room number I opened my eyes wide in shock, because it said, 137.

I've seen the number 137 in my nightmares... It's what I heard the Grudge girl whisper in my ear before I woke up screaming. It was also written multiple times in Alyson Tam's journal along with the creepy rhyme about the brain eating monster,"This is where the darkness resides, run before it takes your life, brain eating monster hidden inside."

Many questions filled my head and I couldn't help thinking about the rhyme Alyson wrote. It made me wonder if the brain eating monster was here in room 137, but that didn't make any sense, because everything she wrote in her journal was all about the Asylum not this place... I felt confused, but determined to find out what was going on here...

I gripped on tight to the iron knife in my pocket as I used my left hand to press the up button. Less than a second later the eerie silence came to an end when the elevator made a loud ding sound; as the doors opened up before me. I was kinda hoping that maybe Dean & Sam would be coming out of the elevator and then we could get the hell out of here, but when I looked inside my hope diminished, because it was empty.

With a sad sigh I entered the elevator and pressed the button for the third floor. The doors closed and I watched as the numbers went up on the small digital screen above the control panel. When it finally made it to the third floor  the elevator abruptly stopped with a strong jolt that shook the entire car and almost made me fall over. I gripped on tight to the metal railing on my right to steady myself. This thing seriously felt like it was on the brink of falling apart and my heart was beating so fast I thought it was gonna come flying out of my chest. Then the lights above me flickered and looked like they were about to go out at any second.

I tried to press the open door button repeatedly hoping that would work, but it didn't. Then I pressed the emergency button and still nothing. I tried every single freaking button and nothing was working.