Wendigo Part 7

At night we lit a campfire. Dean, Sam and I drew Anasazi symbols for protection against the Wendigo around the campsite.

Roy was being his annoying self and just stood there with his gun while laughing at us.

"Nobody likes a skeptic, Roy." Dean said which made me laugh.

I leaned over to Sam and whispered, "I think I broke a record today for the amount of times a person rolls their eyes. I guess people like Roy really bring that out in others."

Sam and I laughed then we went back to helping Dean draw Anasazi symbols.

When we were done I sat with Ben and Haley around the campfire trying to stay warm. I looked over and seen my brothers talking. I was curious and went over to see what they were talking about.

As I got closer I heard Dean say that he didn't think Dad had ever been to Lost Creek. Sam wanted to know why were still here if Dad wasn't here. He wanted to get Haley, Ben and Roy back to town so we could take off and go in search for Dad.

I stood in front of Sam and said, "These people they need our help a part of their family is missing. We can not just abandoned them. They are just like us looking for a lost family member. I'm not gonna turn my back on them and I hope that you won't either."

Then I sat down next to Sam. I looked up at him and smiled. Then Dean got up and stood in front of Sammy and said,

"El's right Sammy and you know it. You want to know what else."

He held up Dad's journal and said,"This book. This is Dad's single most valuable possession everything he knows about every evil thing is in here, and he passed it on to the three of us. I think he want us to pick up where he left off. You know, saving people, hunting things. The family business."

Sam shook his head then said,"That makes no sense. Why doesn't he just call us? Why doesn't he tell us what he wants, tell us where he is?"

"I dunno, but the way I see it, Dad's giving us a job to do, and I intend to do it."Dean said while looking at Sammy.

"Me too." I said while smiling at my brothers.

"Dean, Ella...no. I gotta find Dad. I gotta find Jessica's killer. It's the only thing I can think about." Sam said as he stood up.

I was wondering if I should tell Sammy about how I seen Jessica's ghost and what she told me to watch over him. I bit my lip and looked away from my brothers. I figured we already had enough to deal with why add to it.

I was brought out of my thoughts by Dean saying,"Okay, all right Sam, we'll find them, I promise. Listen to me. You've gotta prepare yourself. I mean, this search could take a while, and all that anger, you can't keep it burning over the long haul. It's gonna kill you. You gotta have patience, man."

I took a deep breath. Then looked over to my brothers. I stood up and put a hand on Sam's shoulder. He looked down at me and I smiled at him. He smiled back then looked at Dean and asked, "Dean How do you do it? What about you Ella? and Dad? How do any of you do this?"

I looked at Dean and he looked at me. Then he looked over at Haley and Ben. I smiled and kinda knew what he was going to say because it was exactly the way I felt too.

Sam looked at Dean and I. He then looked to see where we were looking. He looked at Haley and Ben.

Then Dean said,"I mean, I figure our family's so screwed to hell, maybe we can help some others and make things a little bit more bearable. I'll tell you what helps. Killing as many evil son of bitches as I possibly can."