Hook Man 9

The entire ride to Lori's place I kept staring out the window. Dean was driving so fast that the trees seemed to look like a blur. Many thoughts were racing in my head. I was trying to convince myself that everyone was okay, but I couldn't shake the terrible feeling that Jacob did something to them. I really hoped that I was wrong.

When we arrived at the Sorenson's house my jaw dropped, because it was blocked off by yellow police tape. The front door was wide open and I could clearly see a couple officers inside. I began biting my nails anxiously wondering if Sam, Lori and her father were alright.

I was brought out of my thoughts by Dean saying,"If you keep biting your nails like that, you're not gonna have any left."

"I can't help it, I'm worried."I admitted, because I was a nervous wreck.

"Don't worry, I'm sure everyone's fine..."Dean said trying to reassure me.
Then he pulled out his cellphone from his pocket and quickly dialed Sam's number. Even thought Dean appeared to be calm and put on a brave front. I could see right through it and knew he was just as worried as I was.

"Come on Sammy pick up, pick up......"Dean whispered as he held his cell phone up to his ear while looking out the window.

I was getting antsy and couldn't sit still while Dean waited for Sam to answer. I needed to do something. Then I seen a police officer coming out of the house. I unlocked my door and turned back to Dean while quickly telling him, "Hey, I'm gonna go ask that cop if she knows anything, I'll be right back."

"El, stay where I can see you."He responded while pointing at me.

"I will."I replied with a nod as I got out of the car.

I sprinted over to the officer and asked her, "What happened here?"

She looked at me suspiciously while asking,"Why do you want to know? Who are you?"

"My name's Ella and I came here looking for my brother, Sam. He was visiting his friend.... please tell me everyone's okay."I said while pointing to the house.

"Look, I'm sorry, but I can't tell you much, since this incident is still under investigation."She replied with a serious expression on her face. I knew she was just doing her job, but this was killing me. I needed to know if Sam and the Sorenson's were all right.

"Please, I just need to know if my brother's okay, I need to see him....."I said as a couple tears rolled down my cheeks. I wiped the tears away with my hand; stared at her hoping she could tell me something, anything about what happened.

She looked around to make sure no one was listening, then she whispered,"Listen, I've got a brother too and if anything ever happened to him.... I don't know what I'd do. The only thing I can tell you is...... they were taken to Mercy Hospital."

"Mercy Hospital?"I asked with a puzzled expression on my face. She could tell I had no idea where the hospital was, so she gave me directions,"You go about five blocks down and turn right. You can't miss it."

"Thank you Officer..... Montoya."I said with a slight smile, while reading her name tag. She nodded before getting in to her squad car and driving away.

Then I ran as fast as I could back to the Impala, so I could tell Dean. I made sure before I got into the car to wipe away any signs that I was crying. I just didn't want to give Dean anything else to worry about.

"Hey, man when you get this give me a call."I heard Dean say as I entered the car. Then he put his cellphone back into his pocket.

"I found out where they are!"I practically yelled as I sat down in the passenger seat and shut the door.