Bugs 4

As we drove out of Oasis Plains, I looked out the window and wondered if the bugs were really up to no good or if something was controlling them.

I was brought out of my thoughts by Dean saying,"You know, I've heard of killer bees, but killer beetles? What is it that could make bugs attack? And don't say bug assassins El."

"Hey, it could happen."I said with a smirk.

Dean put Dad's journal down and looked back at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Well, hauntings sometimes include bug manifestations."Sam explained while continuing to drive down the street.

"Yeah, but I didn't see any evidence of ghost activity."Dean said while looking over at Sammy.

"Yeah me neither. Sam said with a nod.

"What about you El nothing on the human EMF reader?"Dean asked while looking back at me.

I shrugged and replied,"I don't know.... maybe the bugs were being controlled somehow, you know, by something or someone."

I didn't want to tell my brothers about the dark figure that lead me to Travis, because I still felt unsure what it had to do with this case yet. I planned on telling them when I knew for certain what the dark figure was, but I had a strong feeling that it wasn't responsible for killing anyone.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Sam asking,"You mean like Willard?"

"Yeah, except it's bugs instead of rats."I replied while looking at him.

"There are cases of psychic connections between people and animals, elementals, telepaths..."Sam said while looking at me in the rear view mirror.

"Yeah, the whole Timmy, Lassie thing."Dean said with a smirk.

"Hey, Larry's kid, he's got bugs for pets."Dean pointed out.

"You mean Matt?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah......Matt."Dean replied while nodding his head.

"He did try to scare the realtor with a tarantula."Sam added while glancing over at Dean.

"Yeah, and you ruined it Sammy."I said in disappointed tone while staring at him.

"Why were you pulling that prank with him Ella?"Sam asked sounding confused while looking at me in the rear view mirror.

"Well, the BBQ was so boring and we were just trying to make it more... funtertaining."I explained with a mischievous smirk.

Dean turned around and looked at me while asking,"This Matt kid, do I have something to worry about El?"

"What are you talking about?"I asked feeling confused, wondering what he meant.

"Is it gonna be a problem if we find out that it's Matt controlling the bugs?"Dean asked while staring me down.

"It's not him."I responded, because I just felt like it wasn't him at all.

"Are you sure?"Dean asked with his brow furrowed.

"It's hard to explain, but I feel like it's not Matt, I think there's something else going on here."I answered while looking at my brothers who were both looking back at me.

"Like what?"Sam asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I don't know yet, but I'm determined to find out."I replied while looking at them.

"El if there's a possibility that he's the one causing all this I don't want you anywhere near him."Dean said with a serious expression on his face.