Dead In The Water 4

Once we arrived at Andrea's, Dean asked her if he could talk to Lucas.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think it's a good idea."Andrea said while looking at Dean.

"I just need to talk to him. Just for a few minutes. " Dean pleaded with Andrea.

"He won't say anything. What good's it gonna do?" Andrea said.

"Andrea, we think more people might get hurt." Sam said with a look of concern on his face.

"We think something's happening out there." I said while looking at her.

"My husband, the others, they just drowned. That's all." Andrea said not wanting to believe that it could be something else.

I thought about my dream that quickly turned into a nightmare about the lake and all the victims.

I stepped forward and looked Andrea right in the eyes and said, "You don't really believe that do you?"

She looked like she was thinking about it.

Then Dean said, "If that's what you really believe, then we'll go, but if you think there's even a possibility that something else could be going on here, please let me talk to your son."

Andrea led us upstairs to Lucas's bedroom. He was coloring and had placed his toy soldiers around him as if they were protecting him. Dean stepped into the room.

Then he crouched down next to Lucas and said, "Hey, Lucas. You remember me?"

Lucas didn't answer he just kept coloring. Suddenly I thought of the way Lucas's Dad Christopher looked like in my nightmare. I was wondering if that's what Lucas seen. I couldn't forget the way all the people were screaming in terror as they were being dragged into the lake. I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard Dean talk to Lucas.

"You know, I wanted to thank you for that last drawing, but the thing is..I need your help again."

Lucas stayed quiet and continued to draw.

"How did you know to draw this? Did you know something bad was gonna happen? Maybe you could nod yes or no for me." Dean said while looking at Lucas. I nervously bit my nails and stayed quiet.

Then Dean said,"You're scared. It's okay. I understand. See, when I was your age, I saw something real bad happen to my mom, and I was scared too. I didn't feel like talking, just like you, but you see, my mom... I know she wanted me to be brave. I think about that everyday and I do my best to be brave, and maybe your dad wants you to be brave too."

I grabbed onto Sam's hand. He looked down at me, then we both looked at Dean.
We never heard Dean talk about Mom like this before.

Then Lucas handed Dean a new drawing.

"Thanks Lucas." Dean said with a smile on his face.

Dean walked over to us while looking down at the new drawing Lucas gave him. He showed all of us and I was internally freaking out because it was the same drawing I had just finished back at the motel. Everything was the same the church, the house with a boy wearing a baseball cap and a bicycle in front of a wooden fence. I didn't realize it, but I was squeezing Sam's hand really hard which made him lean down and whisper to me,"Are you okay?"

I let go of his hand and stuttered,"F..f..fine."
I looked away, but at the corner of my eye I could still see him staring at me. I started to bite my nails.

Suddenly Lucas was standing right in front of me. He pulled me by my arm. I looked back at my brothers and Andrea.

He brought me over to look at his drawings. Then he pulled out a blank sheet of paper and gave me some crayons.