Bugs 8

On the way to the Pike's house Dean pulled out his cell phone and called Larry. I quietly unbuckled my seat belt while making sure Sam and Dean couldn't see me. I knew if they caught me without my seat belt they'd go into crazy overprotective big brother mode. I really didn't want to go through that, so I quickly hid behind the front seat like a ninja. I just wanted to be close enough to hear the phone conversation. I listened as the phone rang twice and heard Larry answer, "Hello?"

"Yes, Mr.Pike there's a mainline gas leak in the neighborhood."Dean said in a serious tone.

"Really? And how big?"I heard Larry say sounding worried on the other end of the phone.

"Well, it's fairly extensive, I don't want to alarm you, but we need your family out of the vicinity for at least twelve hours, just to be safe."Dean explained.

"And who is this again?"Larry asked.

"Travis Weaver, I work for Oklahoma Gas and Power." Dean replied as he continued to drive quickly to the Pike's residence.

"Uh...well, problem is, I know Travis, he worked with us for a year, so who is this?"Larry asked sounding like he didn't believe Dean at all. I thought oh-no it's just like back at the diner with Joe White Tree. It's seriously not Dean's day with lying.

"Uh..."Dean said nervously while trying to come up with something.

I peaked out from behind the front seat and looked at Dean's face in the rear view mirror. He looked shocked that Larry saw through his lie. Then he kinda panicked and hung up the phone.

"I'm gonna call Matt."I said while quickly taking the phone out of Dean's hand and sitting back in my seat.

"Hey!"Dean yelled while looking at me in the rear view mirror.

"Sorry Dee, it's an emergency and my phone's out of juice."I said with smile while dialing Matt's number. Then I put the phone up to my ear and listened as it rang.

"How'd you get his number?"Dean asked with an eyebrow raised while staring at me suspiciously in the rear view mirror.

"He gave it to me..."I answered with a confused expression on my face while wondering why that was important right now. I kept hoping he wasn't gonna ask me any more questions.

"When?"Dean asked in a serious tone with his brow furrowed.

"Shush, it's ringing."I said with a slight smile while pointing to the phone.

"El, when?"Dean asked a little louder this time while glaring at me in the mirror.

"Shush."I said with my finger up to my lips while staring at him.

He kept glaring at me while waiting for me to answer his question, so I looked away. I just wanted to concentrate on talking to Matt without being interrogated by Dean. Why was he making such a big deal out of nothing? Why can't he see that Matt and I are just friends?

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Matt answering,"Hello?"

"Hey Matt, it's Ella."I said while looking out the window.

"Ella, something weird is goin' on."Matt said sounding nervous.

"What do you mean?"I asked with concern. I really wanted to know what was making him so nervous, and hoped that the curse wasn't beginning already.

"My backyard, it's crawling with cockroaches."Matt replied sounding kinda freaked out.

"Well that's not good."I said under my breath while biting my nails nervously.

"What?"He asked sounding confused.

"Umm...I mean, you've gotta get your family out of that house right now, okay?"I said hoping he would listen.