Asylum 7

Ella's P.O.V

I opened my eyes and felt completely disoriented, because there was a thin blue sheet on top of me. The last thing I remember was falling asleep in the backseat of the Impala, so where in the heck did this sheet come from? Was Dean pulling a prank on me? And why was it so freaking cold? Was the AC turned up all the way?

"W-what, the hell?"I mumbled through chattering teeth as a bone chilling breeze brushed against my skin causing me to shiver uncontrollably. I wanted to know what was going on, so I peeked my head out from under the blue sheet and groaned while squinting my eyes, because there was a bright light beaming down from above; making it difficult to see anything.

"Where am I?" I whispered as I tried to look around for any clue as to where I was, but everything looked like a blur of bright lights, shapes and shadows.

I sat up as my blurred vision attempted to regain focus on my surroundings. When my eyes finally adjusted to the annoying lighting my entire body started to shake uncontrollable, because I was laying on a hospital bed in the middle of a freggin' creepy operating room. There were two bright surgical lights beaming down on me, leaving the rest of the room enshrouded in shadows. On my right was an old machine, which looked very familiar. I stared at it while wondering where I'd seen it before. The gears in my head started to turn and I quickly realized why it seemed so familiar, because it looked exactly like the electroshock machine that was used on Jack in, "Cuckoo's Nest."

"Okay?....Weird...Hopefully there's no Nurse Ratched around here..."I whispered while cautiously looking around the room to make sure no one else was here.

When I glanced over towards my left I saw a metal table with a full array of pointy surgical tools. The moment my eyes landed on the pointy ice pick tool I stared at it like a deer in headlights, because it was covered in blood. That's when I remembered Sammy explaining back at the Asylum how it wasn't an ice pick, but a surgical tool used for lobotomies...

"That's just sick..."I mumbled in disgust while staring at the bloody lobotomy tool.

"I hate hospitals...I miss the park..." I grumbled while glancing around the room with my brow furrowed. I mean, why couldn't I just go back to dreaming about the nice park from my lucid reoccurring dream instead of this freaky place?

I quickly pushed the thin blue sheet off of me and swung my legs over the side of the bed. The moment my feet touched the tiled floor I yelped while nearly jumping ten feet, because it literally felt like I was standing on ice. I wondered why wasn't I wearing any shoes? When I glanced down I got my answer and was more than a little freaked out, because I was wearing a hospital gown and my feet were completely bare. I guess that explains the big draft I felt behind me when I stood up. Even though I was wearing a black tank top and pajama shorts underneath the hospital gown; they did nothing to keep me warm. To make matters worse it felt like it was getting colder by the second and when I breathed out I saw my breath.

"So freggin' cold..."I grumbled through chattering teeth as I wrapped the hospital gown tighter around myself in a desperate attempt at getting warm. I rubbed my arms and stopped abruptly when I felt something like plastic on my right wrist.

"What? No way..."I blurted out in disbelief when my eyes landed on my wrist, because I was wearing a patient wristband. It looked exactly like one of the wristbands I had found in the bedside table drawer from my last nightmare.

I inspected the band around my wrist and read the info aloud, "Roosevelt Asylum Patient Name: Alyson Tam...Patient of: Dr. Sanford Ellicott....."

"Okay? That's beyond freaky..."I said to myself as I took the wristband off. Then I noticed there was another name written on the back in red.