Home 9

As I stood by the back door of the Impala I looked around frantically and wondered where in the heck Jack managed to disappear to. All of a sudden an icy cold chill went down my spine causing me to shiver uncontrollably. I knew that meant he was still around here somewhere.

Suddenly something moved at the corner of my eye. I quickly turned my head towards it and saw Jack reappear by the back trunk. He was waving me over and had a worried expression plastered on his face. I quickly glanced over at the front hood of the car and saw that my brothers were still preoccupied with checking out the box that was full of our old family photos.

Then I looked towards the house and noticed that Missouri and Jenny were happily chatting away, as they watched Sari and Richie play in the front yard. Everyone was busy and unaware of what I was seeing. I took this as my chance to walk towards the back trunk, so I could finally talk to Jack and get some freaking answers to the many questions that were quickly filling my head.

When I made it to the back of the car I sat on the trunk and turned towards Jack while quietly asking,"Seriously Jack, you've seen my Dad?"

"Yeah, and I'll explain right after you help me, please?"He pleaded with his brow furrowed while staring at me.

"Help you? But the big, bad, creepy poltergeist is gone for good, which means you're family's safe, and your unfinished business it complete, right?"I anxiously asked under my breath, so only he could hear.

He shook his head while replying,"No, not exactly, there's something else I need your help with..."

Then he looked over towards the house. Sadness over took his features as he kept his eyes glued on his family. He clenched his jaw as his eyes welled up with tears threatening to spill over. I could tell he was deeply worried about his family. Seeing him like this was putting me on edge and I hoped there wasn't another creepy poltergeist lurking around here, hidden in the shadows waiting to attack.

"Okay? What is it? It's not another poltergeist is it?"I nervously whispered as I stared him attentively awaiting his answer.

He shook his head and replied,"No, it's not another poltergeist."

"Oh, good..."I breathed a sigh of relief knowing it wasn't another freaking poltergeist.

"Wait, then what exactly do you need help with?"I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I just need you to talk to my wife and help answer her questions."He answered while glancing over at Jenny. I looked at him and wondered what he meant by answering his wife's questions.

"Uh, questions? What questions?"I asked in a hush tone with my eyebrow raised at I stared at him.

"During my funeral, Jenny asked me a couple very important questions. I was there and answered, but because she couldn't hear or see me like you, she never heard them. I need your help to deliver the answers for me, then I can finally move on, and tell you about your Dad."He explained as a tear streamed down his face. He sighed while wiping the tear away with his hand.

Now I fully understood why he needed my help and it pained me to see him suffering like this. To be only a few feet away from your family and they're not able to hear or see you it sounds like something out of a freaking nightmare. I just wanted to help him, so he could finally move on and not suffer like this anymore.

"All right Jack, I'll help you relay the answers to Jenny. I'm listen loud and clear, what are they?"I whispered while attentively staring at him.

"Okay kid, the answer to her first question was: I didn't leave her, Sari and Richie willingly, the apartment fire was an accident, I was only trying to do my job and save lives. The answer to her second question was: I do everyday, every single day."He responded as a pained expression went across his face. Then he glanced over at his family as a couple tears streamed down his cheeks.