Bugs 9

As I looked around the room a couple questions were running through my head. Beginning with: Was this thing actually the Chief that Lynda had warned me about before she magically disappeared? And if it was, why was he preventing me from leaving the room?
Since I was unsure about what this thing was I figured there was only one way to find out, so I asked,"What are you?"

My question was answered when the temperature in the room dropped to below freezing causing me to shiver uncontrollably. My teeth were chattering and I could see my breath. Then I saw a dark figure move at the corner of my eye. I glanced over, but didn't see anything there. Something didn't feel right and everything within me was telling me to run. I didn't want to stick around, so I took Lynda's advice and ran towards the door. When I reached out for the door knob I was pulled back by an invisible force, except this time it was stronger than before. I was thrown back so hard that I slid across the floor and hit the wall just below the windows. I groaned in pain while turning over on my side, because my poor back was throbbing. I knew I was gonna have some ugly bruises tomorrow.

"This sucks."I grumbled while trying to catch my breath, because this thing managed to knock the air out of me again.

"Two times really....I'm starting to think you don't like me."I said in frustration while getting back up on my feet and looking around.

It didn't respond and the only sound I could hear was the buzzing coming from the bees outside the windows.

"You're trying to keep me away from the others aren't you?"I asked hoping it would answer, but it never did.

"Not talkin' huh? Why are you hiding from me? Are you scared?"I asked, and wasn't surprised when it didn't respond.

"Well, this conversation is goin' nowhere, so I'm gonna go now and I'm not gonna let you stop me."I said while putting my hand into my pocket and grabbing on tightly to my iron knife. I had enough of being thrown around like a rag doll and was determined to get back to my brothers.

All of a sudden an icy cold chill went down my spine and I looked around the room frantically wondering what was gonna appear. Then the lights flickered and went out leaving me in complete darkness. I quickly pulled out my flashlight from my pocket and when I turned it on I jumped back, because I came face to face with a really tall man covered in blood. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared, because this spirit felt kinda like the thing that was attached to the bones my brothers and I found. He stood right in front of the door blocking my only way out. I bit my lip nervously while tightening my grip on my knife. As I stared at him I noticed that he was wearing a feathered head dress and that's when I realized who he was.

"Chief... it really is you huh? You started this curse..."I said nervously while staring at him.

He stared at me and didn't respond.

"Fine don't answer me, but here's what's gonna happen, I'm gonna leave out that door you're blocking and if you try to stop me again, I'll fight you with everything I got."I said while pulling out my iron knife from my pocket and showing him.

"Now, get out of my way."I said while staring him down. Don't get me wrong I was internally freaking out, but I was so determined to get back to my brothers that I was ready to gank him right where he stood if he dared to keep me from them.

Then he flickered and disappeared. The room remained cold, so I knew he was still around here somewhere.

"Well, that was easy...a little too easy." I mumbled to myself with my brow furrowed while anxiously looking around.

I didn't see him anywhere and took this as my chance to escape, so I sprinted as fast as I could towards the door. Right when I reached out for the door knob a strong invisible force pushed me back away from the door again. I fell down on the ground and winced in pain, because I managed to land right on my injured back. I groaned while turning over on my side.