Pilot Part 5

I was on a bench in a park with Jane Doe sitting next to me. She was writing in her journal just like she always does in this dream. I was about to speak when the Jane showed me her journal. The only thing written over and over on the pages were, "Do not doubt your eyes they will show you the truth."
Then she pointed to some trees in the distance. There was a white blur that looked like a woman's silhouette by one of the trees. It was blurry but then it flickered like a light and disappeared.

Before I could ask any questions Jane took her journal and walked away.

I woke up and realized I was in the back seat of the Impala.
"Well that was different." I said to myself. I felt slightly confused. I looked around the car and rubbed my eyes. I quickly grabbed my journal out of my bag. I wanted to write down the words I read in Jane's journal from my dream so I wouldn't forget.

I squinted as the sunlight came through the windows. Sam and Dean weren't in the car. As I looked out the front window I seen two police cars and several officers on a bridge. I could see Sam and Dean talking to the officers. I stayed in the car not wanting to ruin whatever fake aliases they created for themselves.

I figured this crime scene was somehow related to the hunt we were on. I just watched them while covering myself up with my blanket, because I felt so cold. No matter how much I tried to bundle up it didn't work. I did a quick sketch of two children holding hands. I looked at the sketch and thought it was weird, but I felt like it was important. I really didn't know why. Then an icy chill hit my back and I was shivering. I put my journal back into my bag and held the blanket tight around me.

I could see my brothers walking back to the car, Dean smacked Sam on the back of his head. I couldn't help, but laugh at them.

I could see a dark haired woman wearing a white dress following them back to the car. Then I heard two loud knocks on the rear window behind my head which made me jump in my seat. I turned, but there was nothing there. I kept wondering if a bird smacked into the window. When I looked back at my brothers the woman was no longer there. I rubbed my eyes making sure I wasn't seeing things.

When Sam & Dean got back in the car I asked,"Where did the lady go?

Dean and Sam looked back at me confused with what I was asking.

"What lady?"Dean said while looking at me in the rear view mirror.

The lady with the white dress she walking right behind both of you.

"EL there was no lady on the bridge." Dean said turning around to look at me.

"Seriously?" I asked

"Seriously." Dean replied while furrowing his brow.

"Whatever." I said while yawning and rubbing my eyes.

"Ella are you sure you're okay?" Sam asked with a look of concern on his face.

"Yeah I just woke up. Maybe it was a trick of the sunlight or something. Anyway, what did you guys find out?"

They filled me in on what happened on the bridge. Dean told me the police had no clue what they were dealing with, so we would have to get to the bottom of this thing ourselves.

We drove into town in search of a girl named Amy. She was the girlfriend of the latest victim Troy.
It didn't take us that long to find her. She was hanging up missing person posters of her boyfriend. My brothers and I went over to talk to her.

"You must be Amy."Dean said.

"Yeah." She said.

"I'm Dean this is Sam and Ella. We're his cousins. Troy told us about you."

"He never mentioned any of you to me." Amy said as she started to walk away. We walked with her.

"Well that's Troy, We're not around much, we're up in Modesto." Dean said trying to convince her.

"You see we're looking for him too, and we're kinda asking around."Sam said

I chimed in saying,"Amy we just wanna help."

Then a woman named Rachel walked up to Amy and put an arm around her asking, "Are you okay?"

Amy responded by just saying, "Yeah."

"You mind if we ask you a few questions?" Sam asked Amy.

Amy nodded and we all headed over to the diner to talk.

Sam started to ask questions. I looked at Amy and noticed her necklace. I pointed to her necklace and said,"I like your necklace."

Amy looked down and held the pendant on her necklace, It looked like a pentagram in a circle. I only said that I liked it, so my brothers could see it.

I guessed it worked, because their next questions were all about the necklace.

Amy explained that the necklace was a gift from Troy. It was mainly to scare her parents with devil stuff.

Sam said something about the necklace being a protection against evil.

Dean said, "Thank you Unsolved mysteries."which made me smile.

Dean said to Amy and Rachel, "The way Troy disappeared, something is not right, so if you've heard anything...." Dean stopped when he seen the way Amy and Rachel looked at each other.

"What is it?"Dean asked.

"Well all these guys going missing, people talk."Rachel said

"What do they talk about?"Sam and Dean said together at the same time.

"Look at you two talking like the double mint twins."I said with a big smile on my face.

"EL."Dean said while glaring at me. I shrugged with a big grin on my face.

Then I looked at Amy and Rachel while saying, "Sorry you were saying."

Rachel replied, "It's this local legend. This one girl she got murdered out on Centennial, like decades ago."

My brothers and I all nodded. We all focused on Rachel attentively to hear what else she had to say.

She continued talking about the legend," She's supposedly still out there. She hitchhikes, and whoever picks her up? Well, they disappear forever."

My brothers and I all looked at each other. Then we looked at Amy and Rachel. We thanked them for the info and said goodbye.

We finally got some info to help us figure out what was making these guys disappear from the Centennial Highway.

As we walked back to the Impala I snatched the car keys out of Dean's hand and yelled, "Let's see who can make it back to the car first."

I ran as fast as I could, but Dean was quick and caught me. He looked pissed then he smirked. I was about to run, but then he lunged at me and tickled my sides causing me to laugh uncontrollably. I pushed his hand away and jingled the keys in my hands. I stuck my tongue out at him while laughing. He ran towards me as I sprinted to Sam and hid behind him.

Then Sam turned to face me and said, "I'm sorry Ella."

"For what?"I said feeling confused by his apology.

"For this!" Sam said while tickling me. Dean joined in and grabbed the car keys out of my hand.

I managed to yell out, "Not fair two against one." in between my laughs.

"Okay you win please Sammy, Dee STOP no more!"I screamed while trying to breathe.

When they finally stopped they had big grins on their faces. Dean walked to the car, while Sam ruffled my hair.

"Hey, why do you always mess up my hair? It's not funny!" I said while glaring at Sam.

"It's very funny Ella."Sam said with a smirk on his face.

"Let's go ladies." Dean said as motioned for us to get into the car.

We all piled into the Impala and made our way over to the library so we could do some research.