Pilot Part 9

We were back on the road in the Impala.

Sam had figured out the coordinates that Dad left us went to Blackwater Ridge, Colorado.

We were about to head there, but Sam reminded us that he really needed to get back, so he could make it to his Law school interview in ten hours. I could tell Dean was disappointed and I was too. We were disappointed, because we wanted him to stay and help us find Dad, but we knew this interview was very important to him. I wanted Sam to be happy and if that meant letting him go again then so be it.
"Don't worry Sammy. I'll get you back so you can make your interview." Dean said with a smirk on his face.

I was sad as we pulled up to Sam's apartment. He got out and said,"Call me if you find him and maybe I can meet up with both of you later huh?"

I nodded and Dean said,"Yeah, all right."

I leaned forward and said,"I'll miss you Sammy and good luck with your interview."

Sam leaned down and looked at me saying,"Thanks Ella. I'll miss you too."

"You know all three of us made one hell of a team out there." Dean said with a smile on his face.

Sam smiled and said, "Yeah we did."

I smiled and laid down in the back seat. Then I put my blanket on as a wave of chills hit me. I closed my eyes, but then opened them and frantically looked around, because it was the same feeling I got whenever Constance's ghost was around. I breathed a sign of relief when I didn't see anything. I laid back down trying to relax.

My body was shivering, but the chills were slowly going away. I sat straight up with my eyes open wide realizing what this meant. What ever I was feeling must of been back at Sam's which is why the feeling was going away as we drove away from his place. I knew something was wrong and wanted to go back to check on Sam to make sure he was okay.

"Somethings wrong Dee. You need to go back to Sammy's." I said with a worried expression on my face.

"What?" Dean asked while looking at my face in the rear view mirror.

"Somethings wrong!" I yelled frantically.

Then the car radio started to sound weird. It sounded like static and the light from the radio flickered.

Dean looked at his watch. Without a second thought he made a sharp U-turn and we went speeding back to Sam's apartment.

"What do you think is going on?" I said from the backseat holding on as we drove back to Sam's.

"That's what I want to find out?"Dean said as we pulled up outside of Sam's apartment.

Dean told me to stay in the car while he went to go check on Sam. I knew something was terribly wrong. It was like I could just feel it. Then I was hit with a strong sharp pain on my stomach. The pain was so excruciating that it caused me to bend over and hold onto my stomach. I yelled out in pain as tears went down cheeks. I was breathing hard trying to calm myself down. It felt like I had cut on my stomach. I lifted my shirt, but there wasn't a mark on me. The pain started to go away as an icy cold chill hit me. I shivered and grabbed on tight to my blanket.

"What's happening to me?" I said out of breath.

I felt confused, but wanted to go make sure my brothers and Jess were okay.

I got out of the car and the chills got worse. I was wondering what was going on. At the corner of my eye I seen someone. When I looked it was Jessica. I was wondering why she was outside barefoot wearing a white night gown. I walked up to her and said, "It's so cold you should go inside."

She smiled and said,"Will you watch over him for me?"

"What are you talking about Jess?" I asked while feeling confused by what she was asking.

"Please will you watch over Sam for me?" She said looking like she was worried about something.

I nodded saying, "Okay?" while feeling slightly confused.

Then she turned to look at the apartment. I followed her gaze and could see smoke coming out of their apartment.

"Oh no that can't be good. Dean! Sam!" I said with my eyes wide opened.

I turned to where Jess was, but she was no longer there. I was wondering what was going on.

Dean and Sam came out just as the fire erupted out of the window.

Sam looked so sad as he yelled out,"Jess!" Sam wanted to run back inside, but Dean held him back.

In the window I could see a dark silhouette of a man. Then just as quickly as it appeared it disappeared as if it was never there to begin with.

I felt an icy chill hit my back, then I heard whispers coming from behind me.

"Ella?"
"Ella can you hear me?"

The voice sounded familiar. I turned around and seen Jessica she was standing across the street. She smiled at me and I could hear her say, "Please will you watch over him for me?"

I smiled, but then my smile faded as I watched her flicker. She flickered the same way I seen Constance's ghost flicker.

"Ella, please promise you'll watch over Sam for me?" She said with tears streaming down her face. My eyes opened wide in shock.

"Jess, I promise to watch over Sammy for you." I said as tears went down my cheeks, because I now understood that I was looking at her ghost.

After I agreed to watch over Sam for her she smiled and disappeared. I looked back at Sam and Dean. I went over to Sam and hugged him.

Later after the firemen put out the fire. Dean was trying to talk to Sam. I sat in the back seat of the Impala holding my knees to my chest covered with my blanket. I was trying to understand this whole weird ghost sensing thing I was going through and the promise I made to Jess to watch over Sammy for her. I leaned my head against the window feeling exhausted from everything that happened today.

Then I heard Sam say, "We've got work to do." as he slammed the trunk of the Impala.

Dean and Sam got in the car.

As we drove away I fell asleep listening to the soothing sound of the Impala's engine.