Asylum 1

Ella's P.O.V

I heard someone call out my name, so I opened my eyes and sat up. I took in my surrounding and quickly realized that I was sitting on a bench in the park from my lucid reoccurring dream. I didn't see anyone around and wondered who called me?

All of a sudden something move at the corner of my eye and when I glanced over to my left I saw a book resting on the edge of the bench. It was wide open with its pages blowing in the breeze.

I reached over, picked it up and looked inside

I reached over, picked it up and looked inside. I was pleasantly surprised when I discover that it wasn't just any old book, it was my Mom's journal. I flipped though it and saw that she had handwritten the same thing on every page, "Be brave, and keep moving forward."

A smile went across my face as I thought, what if my Mom was still around? I figured since her journal was here that maybe she was still here too. I couldn't help, but want to hold on tight to the little glimmer of hope that maybe I'd be able to see her in my dreams again. I mean, technically I didn't see her go into the light, since I closed my eyes before she entered and I guess more than anything I didn't want to believe that she was gone.

I was abruptly brought out of my thoughts by the sound of a female voice calling out my name in the distance. It was faint, but still loud enough for me to hear that is was coming from a part of the park I hadn't explored yet. I couldn't ignore the fact that the voice sounded exactly like my Mom's, so I yelled out, "Mom?"

"Ella..."The female voice instantly replied.

"Mom!"I yelled out as I stood up and placed my Mom's journal down on the bench.

"Ella, come..."The voice said a little louder this time.

"I really hope that's you Mom..."I whispered under my breath as I walked towards the sound of her voice. It seemed to be coming from down an unfamiliar dirt trail. The farther in I went the darker the trail became, because there were so many trees blocking the sunlight from illuminating my path. As I got closer to my Mom's voice I wondered if she was trying to show me something important, at least that's what I hoped, because if this wasn't her...Who was it? or rather, What was it?... I shook my head to dismiss the creepy theories that cluttered my mind and returned my focus back to following after the sound of her voice.

Then I stopped in my tracks when I came upon a fork in the road, because I couldn't hear my Mom's voice anymore. Seriously, which way was I suppose to go? Why did she choose now to go all silent mode on me?

"Great, now what?"I sighed in frustration while staring at the two paths in front of me and desperately tried to figure out which way to go. Both paths were creepy and dark, but the one on the left  with the thick ominous fog seemed to have a higher rating on the creep-me-out-o-meter.

 Both paths were creepy and dark, but  the one on the left  with the thick ominous fog seemed to have a higher rating on the creep-me-out-o-meter