Hook Man 4

Once we got to the library Dean parked out front. I stuffed my journal and color pencils into my backpack, so I could draw if I got bored while researching.

I put my backpack on and when we got out of the car let's just say overprotective brother mode was initiated. Sam and Dean kept making sure I stayed close to them, so I couldn't go wandering off anywhere by myself. Basically I felt like I was five again.

"Stay where we can see you."Dean said while looking at me.

"It's not like I want to wander off anyway.....oh look a pretty butterfly, I'm gonna chase it."I said with a chuckle.

"El knock it off."Dean said while staring me down.

"I was only joking."I said with a smirk.

He rolled his eyes and walked towards the entrance of the library.

"Just stay close okay Ella?"Sam said while looking at me with concern.

"Okay."I said with a nod.

As we walked into the library Sam went to go ask the librarian for some old arrest records. Then we sat down at an empty table. Dean and Sam sat on one side while I sat across from them. Then we started to talk about what Lori had told Sam about the night Rich was killed.

"So do you believe her?"Dean asked while looking over at Sam.

"I do."Sam replied while nodding.

"Yeah, I think she's hot too."Dean said with a big smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes and thought typical Dean.

"No man, there's something in her eyes, and listen to this, she heard scratching on the roof....found the bloody body suspended upside down over the car."Sam said while looking at Dean and I. For some weird reason this sounded very familiar to me; almost like I heard it somewhere before.

I was brought out of my thoughts by Dean saying,"Wait, the body was suspended? That sounds like the..."

"Yeah I know, the Hook Man legend."Sam said finishing what Dean was gonna say.

"Hey, no wonder it sounds so familiar, that's only one of the most famous urban legends ever."I said while looking over at Sam and Dean with an eyebrow raised.

"You guys don't think that we're dealing with the Hook Man?"Dean asked while furrowing his brow.

"Hey, I wouldn't be surprised, especially with all the weird, freaky stuff we deal with on a daily basis."I replied.

"True and every urban legend has a source, a place where it all began."Sam said while looking at Dean and I.

"Yeah, but what about the phantom scratches and the tire punctures? and the invisible killer?"Dean asked.

"Well, maybe the Hook Man isn't a man at all." Sam replied.

"Yeah, what if it's some kind of uh..spirit? a vengeful spirit? I mean I did see a big creepy dark figure in the church."I said while looking at Sam and Dean."

"Could be."Sam said with a nod.

"Here you go, arrest records going back to 1851."The librarian said while placing a couple of dusty boxes on the table.

Then Dean blew some of the dust off one of the boxes, which caused him to cough & me to sneeze.

"Thanks."Sam said with a slight smile while looking at the librarian.

She nodded and said,"You're welcome and if there's anything else you need, please let me know."

Then she walked away from the table.