You And I (1/2) - Bucky Barnes x Reader

Words: 968
Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Reader
Featuring: Steve Rogers, Tony Stark
Warnings: swearing, fighting
Requested by @lclb52
Summary: Loosely based on the song You And I by PVRIS, you and Bucky broke up weeks ago and have been picking little fights ever since. Why is that?
Author's Note: I say loosely because there's only one direct lyric in this fic, however, it does reference the song and some lyrics that I changed a bit, but I tried to make the story fit the story of the song somewhat!

*Edited*

---

"Bucky, hand me the remote." You complained.

"No. I want to watch this." He told you.

"You don't even know what this is. Hand me the remote so I can change the channel to the news." You started to get irritated.

"I'd rather watch this." He didn't take his attention away from the TV.

"Bucky, I'm going to slap you." You said.

"Whatever." He shrugged.

After a few months of being broken up with Bucky, you would have thought that things would be okay. You guys ended on mutual feelings and thought the awkwardness would eventually go away, but no. All it was was bickering, twenty-four-seven.

You tried to be nice to Bucky, but it didn't seem to be working.

Day in and day out, bickering back in forth between you two.

"Where's the yogurt?" You asked Bucky a few days later while you both stood in the kitchen.

"I don't know." He said, as he tossed something in the garbage.

"Hey! Wasn't that mine?" You yelled at him with leftovers Bucky just threw away.

"Don't know, don't care. It was taking up space in the fridge." He said and walked out.

You rolled your eyes, deciding you needed to rant.

"Steve." You said as you knocked on his door. He called out to let yourself in.

"What's up?" He asked you.

"Can you talk?"

---

1. "Makes sense. Always hanging around with the angry one." He told you.

"What does that mean?" You asked. 

"You're always angry at everyone and everything. It makes sense. You hang out with Banner a lot."

2. "Move a bit quicker." Bucky called from behind you. "Man, always in my way."

"What? You could have easily walked around me." You argued back.

"Not really. You're all over the place."

3. "Could you pass the salt?" You asked across the table. Bucky didn't budge. "Hey, Bucky, please."

"Did you say something?" Sarcasm, of course.

"And that's just a few." You sighed and told Steve.

"Did it ever occur to you that maybe you guys still have feelings for one another, and picking little arguments is just your way of handling it?" Steve asked you.